Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is where we are at...

Dom is definitely our best centre forward and the team functions best when he plays. He's a better fit for the team under Dyche than Beto.

All that said, his goal return considering the chances he has had this season, is absolutely nowhere near good enough.

I would probably not drop him although giving Beto the cup game could make sense.

He desperately needs a goal but it's not necessarily going to come soon because he isn't showing conviction in front of goal. If he gets one he could go on a mini run though.

Fine.

Beto has the same amount of goals as he does and probably half the minutes.

View attachment 241925

View attachment 241926

Don't tell me Calvert Lewin is better because he's scored over 10 in two seasons he's been here about four years back.

What's he offered the past three months? Beto at least has applied himself and looks a nuisance.

Are you showing me that Calvert Lewin scores a league goal every 383 minutes this season, and Beto every 536? If so, that wouldn't really back up your argument mate.

I judge it from what I can see, and Calvert Lewin, even though he's bang out of form - can play that role for us.

Beto, like Maupay before him, can't IMO. He's not had enough time to be so conclusive and hopefully he can eventually, but so far, he's no Calvert-Lewin replacement IMO.

But you think Beto is a better number 9 than Calvert-Lewin?

Fair enough.

I hope you're right.

I predicted Maupay would outscore goals per minute Beto this season an a few took the piss, factoring in how difficult that role is for a striker at Everton, and you know what? He will.

Dom is out of form and I wouldn't trust him to score but we sadly still looked better today the first 63 minutes than after Beto came on.

That's a club problem.
Very harsh to be judging Beto coming into games and hand waving everything with Dom away as form.

Give Beto the same chance to start as many as DCL and I have no doubt he will score as many as this Dom right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back