Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you showing me that Calvert Lewin scores a league goal every 383 minutes this season, and Beto every 536? If so, that wouldn't really back up your argument mate.

I judge it from what I can see, and Calvert Lewin, even though he's bang out of form - can play that role for us.

Beto, like Maupay before him, can't IMO. He's not had enough time to be so conclusive and hopefully he can eventually, but so far, he's no Calvert-Lewin replacement IMO.

But you think Beto is a better number 9 than Calvert-Lewin?

Fair enough.

I hope you're right.

I predicted Maupay would outscore goals per minute Beto this season an a few took the piss, factoring in how difficult that role is for a striker at Everton, and you know what? He will.
Maupay is gonna outscore Dom at this rate.

Very harsh to be judging Beto coming into games and hand waving everything with Dom away as form.

Give Beto the same chance to start as many as DCL and I have no doubt he will score as many as this Dom right now.

Based on?

He's started 5 games for us in the league so far and the only goal he did score was in a 5 min sub appearance.

I've seen nothing that suggest Beto couldn't match Dom's horrific return if he started every match.
Beto can start by proving why he should be given the chance. I'm sure if he was coming on and bagging he would be given the chance to start.

But he's coming on and our all round play is dropping off substantially and the ball starts coming straight back at us because he can't hold it up. Whilst also not scoring.

That is the reality of it.

Maupay is gonna outscore Dom at this rate.

Probably already is goals per minute.

Such is the task of an Everton number 9.

Like a stuck record but Calvert-Lewin is clearly bang out of form, and I wish I could just be thinking lash Beto in, or Chermiti but unfortunately - I think they're miles away from being able to carry the attack in this Everton team.

Doucoure isn't a proper number 10 and we give him the added task of box to box. We dont have any full back who can cross a ball.

People talk about Calvert-Lewin under Ancelotti - it was because he was told to stay within the 6 yard box lines, and wait for balls for Digne, Sigurdsson, Rodriguez... even Walcott etc.

We don't have that at all now, today we had 2 full backs and 2 wingers start a game who all can't cross a ball.

Tom Davies ruined both his and Dom's careers. I'm even saying that a bit jokingly in fairness but if you look at their careers before they started trying to be bloody models or whatever they were actually on a very good path. I think injuries have obviously not helped either but it's very hard to argue that their head clearly isn't fully in the game when you watch how Dom has played for the last few months and the fact that Davies can't get into a dreadful Sheffield United side.

I think both will be retired well before they're 30.

Tom Davies ruined both his and Dom's careers. I'm even saying that a bit jokingly in fairness but if you look at their careers before they started trying to be bloody models or whatever they were actually on a very good path. I think injuries have obviously not helped either but it's very hard to argue that their head clearly isn't fully in the game when you watch how Dom has played for the last few months and the fact that Davies can't get into a dreadful Sheffield United side.

Give over lol when does that ever happen outside of injuries.

He’s a number 9, yet never truly looks comfortable being one. Even his spell under Carlo some of his goals are scuffs and awkward like Sharpys in that 4-4 cup match all those years ago. He has odd posture when the ball is at his feet and the way he hits it at times it’s like his feet are too heavy or something, it’s weird.

To be fair to him he’s scored some superb goals with his head and the way he played at Brighton last season is what I want to see a lot more of.

IMO while I like a tall, target man type player , we really miss a Andy Johnson kind of forward too, a different option, someone quicker, more mobile, play off the shoulder , runs in behind better and gives defenders less time to react.

I think both have told here they are better than what they are

Beto can start by proving why he should be given the chance. I'm sure if he was coming on and bagging he would be given the chance to start.

But he's coming on and our all round play is dropping off substantially and the ball starts coming straight back at us because he can't hold it up. Whilst also not scoring.

That is the reality of it.
Calvert Lewin can't hold the ball either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back