2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

from the angles i saw after the game i wasn't certain whether it was a really good save or a really bad shot

i've now seen the perfect camera angle to analyse the shot and i can't believe what ive seen

he was central and had the entire goal to aim for and he hits it straight at the keeper pretty much, its moving slightly to the left but its pretty much straight at the keepers right leg.

unbelievable

lol pathetic that. Never for one second did he believe he was going to score there, looked absolutely petrified that he’d been put in that position.

that argument is wearing thin now Joey when he's got the worst XG in europe
If any striker is starved of chances - they tend to snatch at them - yes he should have scored at least another 4 - 5 goals this season, but we could have the greatest number 9 in the world & he would struggle with what our midfield provides - he is definitely off form, but did Beto look any more likely when he came on ?

I would play 442 & sacrifice a winger as when the cross we have only DCL in the box ..... we hoof it so 442 may work as we create very little ....

I love the way it only counts as “service” if he scores them. The multitude of sitters he misses every season that bog average strikers score at least half the time can be ignored, because we can just move the goalposts as to what “service” is. Unless it’s put on a plate 3 yards from goal with no keeper to beat then WE GIVE HIM NO SERVICE!!!!

If any striker is starved of chances - they tend to snatch at them - yes he should have scored at least another 4 - 5 goals this season, but we could have the greatest number 9 in the world & he would struggle with what our midfield provides - he is definitely off form, but did Beto look any more likely when he came on ?

I would play 442 & sacrifice a winger as when the cross we have only DCL in the box ..... we hoof it so 442 may work as we create very little ....

I don't understand this argument, apart from the "top" teams in the leagues, chances aren't put on a plate a couple of times every game, being a decent striker is about taking those chances when they come, as weve seen for the vast majority of his time here DCL does not do this.