2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s had service this season?
No chance when our midfield incapable of a through ball - he should have scored, but how many chances did he get in that game - our midfield are too deep & when they come forwards lack creativity- Beto is not a bac to back centre forwad- so I would start with Beto roving the foward line he can assist DCL

As we play a long ball game they have two totally different styles & scoring goals arm is a big problem for us.

No chance when our midfield incapable of a through ball - he should have scored, but how many chances did he get in that game - our midfield are too deep & when they come forwards lack creativity- Beto is not a bac to back centre forwad- so I would start with Beto roving the foward line he can assist DCL

As we play a long ball game they have two totally different styles & scoring goals arm is a big problem for us.

lol if he needs 5 golden clear-cut chances in a game before we can realistically expect him to score one goal, then he isn’t very good.

lol if he needs 5 golden clear-cut chances in a game before we can realistically expect him to score one goal, then he isn’t very good.
He got one & fluffed it - he should have scored- so should Gardner on the follow up - that was it for chances for anyone for us in 90 minutes imo - Doucs showed how it should be done ,but was well-offside..

He scored when he had service - it is pretty poor nowadays for any striker - we need a playmaker .....
Not having it, yes he can score the odd header and tap in. Even when he hit 16/13 he got like 2 assists in 2yrs never scored from outside the box and missed a number of one on one’s he’s the worst Xg performing forward in the league, maybe not getting the chances he was a few years back but he should be on lot more than 3 goals, same last year I know he was recovering from injury, but he missed some sitters. Fulham 3 yards out, Leicester one on one, just two off the top of my head

Well that’s sort of my point. He’s clearly not good enough to score if he doesn’t get a bucket load of open goals in a game.
Just more than 1 chance a game would be a good start.

You clowns acting like hes missing 5 or 6 a game, hes had 1 chance a game all season, its comical the way you think he should be doing keep ups in the centre circle and scissor kicking them in from 70 yards.

Utterly comical.

You clowns acting like hes missing 5 or 6 a game, hes had 1 chance a game all season, its comical the way you think he should be doing keep ups in the centre circle and scissor kicking them in from 70 yards.

Utterly comical.

What are you on about? We’re literally talking about multiple chances this season where he’s been one on one with the keeper.

Forget scoring from 70 yards, I’d like him to learn how to score from 10.

Utterly comical.
When was the last time he scored from outside the box or put a ball on a plate for a team mate. Hes a bang average footballer and striker. For someone who looks super fit he kicks the ball like a 6yr old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back