Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we can't spend.

And even if we could, we've just paid £30m for Beto.

As for Adebayo - goes back to my point about form and confidence. I mean, Maupay scored 10, 8 and 8 Prem League goals before rocking up at Everton. Those numbers would have been brilliant for us.

The fact we spent so much money on a complete dud in Beto is our own fault, there are absolutely hundreds of strikers out there we could’ve got for the same price or cheaper that would’ve been better.

Why wasn’t he confident after scoring a few earlier in the season? Could it simply be a matter of ability and not confidence do you reckon? Because his previous back catalogue aside from the blip season in front of no fans suggests he’s par for the course currently.

People have pointed out his technical flaws loads of times on here. He’s just not composed and doesn’t strike the ball cleanly, that’s nothing to do with confidence.

Why not? Luton signed Adebayo from literally a League 2 side, he’s trebled DCL’s goal return this season.
I'm not sure we have any actual money to spend at the moment.

Think this all comes back to scouting though. We seem averse to lower league players with potential. Branthwaite is the exception recently. will be interesting to see if Adebayo is having a purple patch or if he's a genuine star in the making as well.

I'm not sure we have any actual money to spend at the moment.

Think this all comes back to scouting though. We seem averse to lower league players with potential. Branthwaite is the exception recently. will be interesting to see if Adebayo is having a purple patch or if he's a genuine star in the making as well.

He doesn’t need to be a star in the making to be better than DCL. Strikers that have been bang average their whole careers like Chris Wood have outperformed DCL over the course of 5 or 6 years now. He’s also played in crap defensive teams that have given him “no service” too btw.

He doesn’t need to be a star in the making to be better than DCL. Strikers that have been bang average their whole careers like Chris Wood have outperformed DCL over the course of 5 or 6 years now. He’s also played in crap defensive teams that have given him “no service” too btw.
Well I raised the purple patch element because it's a huge criticism thrown at DCL. That he's loved for the Ancelotti purple patch.

Any striker in a bit of form is thrown at him currently. Tbf, if we signed Chris Woods or his ilk we all know there'd be a queue of posters waiting to decry him not good enough for Everton.

Because we can't spend.

And even if we could, we've just paid £30m for Beto.

As for Adebayo - goes back to my point about form and confidence. I mean, Maupay scored 10, 8 and 8 Prem League goals before rocking up at Everton. Those numbers would have been brilliant for us. Why do strikers almost always perform worse at Everton?
Maupay was a weird one I don't think we used him very well and he just seemed to bottle it a bit to me there was a lot of expectation and after some bad games and good chances missed he went missing instead of standing up and proving people wrong. I don't think theres that many other strikers we've had who've been much worse here than you would expect based on their career though.

Well I raised the purple patch element because it's a huge criticism thrown at DCL. That he's loved for the Ancelotti purple patch.

Any striker in a bit of form is thrown at him currently. Tbf, if we signed Chris Woods or his ilk we all know there'd be a queue of posters waiting to decry him not good enough for Everton.

Yeah but then the same people will big up DCL on here even though Wood is outperforming him.

People really do underestimate form and confidence in the game. It's massive.

The lad just needs a goal - it'll come, and he'll play a massive, positive part in our season.

He's our best striker by some margin, and we aren't getting anyone in who'd be better.

Can we also knock the fashion comments nonsense on the head? It does the forum no good at all.

This is what I've said. Get one off his backside, a ricochet- anything. Think his best spells have been when hes been confident and the manager was publicly bigging him up- Carlo and Dunc IMO.

Not as silly as people who defend a non-goal scoring striker, in a skirt...

TBH.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin: wears clothes

Everton da’s:

rage.gif

We all find our level.
DCL is a crap Premier League striker.

Next season, I'm hoping that he won't have to prove that he's a Championship level striker.

Perhaps I should also point out that my Pickem forecasts are also crap: so what do I know.

What's constructive about lying to yourself about a player not being crap?

And yes I agree about the wing play, which is why I also said Harrison is crap and mcneil is playing crap.

Get your head out of the sand, we are in the bottom 3 and show no signs of getting out of it the way we are in front of goal.

Bored with you now, let's do it again after he doesn't score again at the weekend x
We wouldn’t be in the bottom three without a points deduction. Maybe you should direct your anger at that instead of a player because you don’t like their ‘man-bun’

We wouldn't be in the bottom 3 if we had a striker who didn't miss every chance he gets as well.

It is what it is.
We wouldn’t be there if we had players who could cross or pass in the final third as well but here you are. Camped out here in a circle of hate over one player.

It’s just really weird and I must say, suggests something else at play.

We wouldn’t be there if we had players who could cross or pass in the final third as well but here you are. Camped out here in a circle of hate over one player.

It’s just really weird and I must say, suggests something else at play.

He's had chances mert, he's missed them.

Excuses calvert lewin

Two strikers. Beto is still swinging his banjo around after the last two ganes and has not hit that cows arse yet.

Yes mate, beto is also crap.

They are both crap, hence why they have 4 goals between them in half a season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back