2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost confidence from not converting that one on one v Villa.

Think he's trying too hard currently, getting way too much on passes on rare counters and snatching at his shots.

Said before the last few weeks wouldn't have been a bad time to give Beto some starts.

No chance Dyche is dropping DCL for the big six pointer so he'll be starting v Palace and I have a feeling he'll score in that one as he has a pretty good scoring record v Palace in recent years.

Just seen Newcastles Callum Wilson have a mare of a game they won 3-2 Goals from elsewhere...

Doucoure is "goals from elsewhere"...trouble is he's the only one! Garner and Onana aren't scorers at all (funnily enough Gomes would probably chip in with 4-5 over a season if he was a regular starter but that stopped years ago).

McNeill had an injury hit season but just 2 goals isn't great. Harrison with 3 so down on what he was producing at Leeds but then they were far more attacking.

Other forwards not given enough minutes to be expected to score much.

Calvert Lewin seems to be playing off his heels rather than his toes, there were two crosses today low and between the defender and the keeper, he just never looked like taking the gamble and bursting past the defender. I don't know if it is a crisis of confidence or. if he just doesn't have the confidence in his body to play flat out any more.

…good point, you could see he was disappointed not getting on the end of that McNeil cross.

I’ve thought for a while that players with serious thigh muscle injuries play in 3rd gear, even subconsciously. They don’t drive forward positively like they would normally.

I think he's pressing too hard with his finishing, partly because he knows he's going to see so few chances that each one feels much more momentous in his head than it should.

In his heyday under Carlo, he had ample, quality supply coming from the likes of Digne and James all game, every game, which took so much pressure off, because if he didn't convert one, well another chance would be coming not too far off. Not so now, when as a combination of this system and the outside players we have offensively, he's just not getting the same quantity of chances provided for him.

Hard to build back his confidence when he's feeding on scraps. And you can see so easily that that's what he's lacking right now -- confidence.

Calvert Lewin seems to be playing off his heels rather than his toes, there were two crosses today low and between the defender and the keeper, he just never looked like taking the gamble and bursting past the defender. I don't know if it is a crisis of confidence or. if he just doesn't have the confidence in his body to play flat out any more.
Just spoke to my older brother Everton can't or won't discuss his new contact with him ATM - only 18 months left it's our financial predicament if had slotted the chances he missed maybe we may have cashed in on him injury record wise - we were up against it today but to hang on for 90 minutes at 0-0 was a big ask we created very little ....
Maybe give Beto a run of games or slot DCL as a no 10 ?

One man upfront with our midfield is a big ask .....

Just spoke to my older brother Everton can't or won't discuss his new contact with him ATM - only 18 months left it's our financial predicament if had slotted the chances he missed maybe we may have cashed in on him injury record wise - we were up against it today but to hang on for 90 minutes at 0-0 was a big ask we created very little ....
Maybe give Beto a run of games or slot DCL as a no 10 ?

One man upfront with our midfield is a big ask .....
Could see DCL being quite decent as a no 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back