2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't go that far back in the thread to to see the original debate...apologies if offence was caused.

This is what I’m talking about, Spadge has thrown an accusation about a poster out there without explaining the foundations for such an accusation or what it even is, which leads to speculation filling in the gaps. It would help if we could clarify what the accusation was and move swiftly on.

It would be a sackable offence if we allowed DCL to run down his contract.

£25mil is a lot of money and would mean another player has to be sold to satisfy PSR.

For Pickford, Branthwaire and Onana its also more sensible to see how their values look after the euros.
Long-term planning is all for naught if we get relegated this season. Gambling on Chermiti to keep us up is not advisable. Lord knows Beto and Maupay won't.

We're a DCL sale and a Doucoure injury away from a goal tally guaranteed to get us relegated, with no signs that their backups would replace even half their goal production if given their minutes. If we're not buying solutions, we can't sell the ones we have.

This is what I’m talking about, Spadge has thrown an accusation about a poster out there without explaining the foundations for such an accusation or what it even is, which leads to speculation filling in the gaps. It would help if we could clarify what the accusation was and move swiftly on.
Yeah that's why I kinda put my foot in it ha.

Long-term planning is all for naught if we get relegated this season. Gambling on Chermiti to keep us up is not advisable. Lord knows Beto and Maupay won't.

We're a DCL sale and a Doucoure injury away from a goal tally guaranteed to get us relegated, with no signs that their backups would replace even half their goal production if given their minutes. If we're not buying solutions, we can't sell the ones we have.
Letting players go for free or folding in to ridiculous wage demands is part of the reason we’re in This mess.

Better a relegation Fight with Marcus bent up top than going insolvent. (Is what many said post Rooney sale before that season kicked off)

Well we don’t know so would appreciate if you could elaborate. What’s the reason for Gilbert’s dislike please?

🤣
Dont drag me into this. I dont even know wtf he's on about at the best of times. I thought it was just a general bluff comment he throws out when he gets frustrated when anyone doesnt agree with him. Not at me.
All my opinions are on the pitch stuff.
Which i'll just carry on with thanks. Not getting into this weird sh!t.

Genuine question. Has DCL ever pinged one in from outside the box?

I know his hold up play winning direct balls forward is immense… but he doesn’t kick it very well IMO.

I believe DCL is good at lots of things that don’t involve putting the ball in the back of the net. That part of his game is his big flaw for me. People might not like that but his record speaks for itself. He clearly has his uses though, of course.

Genuine question. Has DCL ever pinged one in from outside the box?

I know his hold up play winning direct balls forward is immense… but he doesn’t kick it very well IMO.

Nah he doesn’t strike the ball well at all. Doesn’t actually get shots away very well or often at all tbh.

(Cue someone telling me he scored from outside the box at Cardiff about 15 years ago)

DCL + Doucoure = 14 league goals
Beto = 3 league goals in 939mins.

For context Maupay scored 6 league goals.

I dont think 14 goals is insurmountable.

Not sure anyone has mentioned "gambling on Chermiti".

Letting players go for free or folding in to ridiculous wage demands is part of the reason we’re in This mess.

Better a relegation Fight with Marcus bent up top than going insolvent. (Is what many said post Rooney sale before that season kicked off)

If we flip this around a bit (alot!) say we sold DCL for £25mil in cash + his wages off the books.

Im pretty sure we could offer a club the total £25mil + wage amount to most clubs as a fee. Then bring in a far superior player than DCL for 1 season.

Who would choose DCL in that situation?

No one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back