2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind the reds, Newcastle really are the worst most delusional idiots in the league. No history, no fans and the most stupid fans on the planet

You’re in denial. I’ve accepted it. Now looking for a new favourite. It’s slim pickings.
I am nowhere near Egypt.

I do expect him still to leave, just that currently there's nothing there.

As for a new favourite, good luck with that, rest of the squad is weapons grade rubbish.

Never really took to Branners cos it's been clear since Xmas he's leaving.

Pickers is mental and Tarks ears are too big to love.

Nobody to love.

I am nowhere near Egypt.

I do expect him still to leave, just that currently there's nothing there.

As for a new favourite, good luck with that, rest of the squad is weapons grade rubbish.

Never really took to Branners cos it's been clear since Xmas he's leaving.

Pickers is mental and Tarks ears are too big to love.

Nobody to love.

We have a very unremarkable squad. I do love Myko even if he's allergic to attacking.

Don’t want to sell. But is he really worth £110k a week for 5 years? I know his injuries seem to have subsided but knowing our luck he’d sign and breakdown again.

Don’t want to sell. But is he really worth £110k a week for 5 years? I know his injuries seem to have subsided but knowing our luck he’d sign and breakdown again.
It's 5m a season.

Beto costs us more that.

5m a year fee, plus wages.

So it's up if you think we can replace him in the side for 5m a season. For context, Danjumas loan cost us more than 5m.

3m loan fee plus wages.

Id say thats fair. But the club cant keep relying on him turning up for half a dozen games here and there. If you were in the market for a new striker and told he'd scored 8 goals from open play in 3 years you'd run a mile.

Is that it, 8 from open play in 3 seasons?

Those are Anichebe stats.

"Concluded by the first week of June". The window doesn't open until 14th June.

You dont need the window open to sign a player.

You need the window open to register a player.

Don’t trust this at all but I’d be happy if it actually came true. Frankly I can see the club happily doing this as Beto and Chermiti are already here.

Not saying they’re perfect replacements but of all areas of the pitch it is where we’re most covered. I’ll also run and hide before I say this but I could see Maupay being used if we can’t sell him, he’d look so much better in a 2 up front, which Dyche has used more this year.

Financially the deal obviously makes sense, again I don’t believe it but if there were any truth in it we should be taking it. He finished the season well but ultimately he’s also not irreplaceable.

Its possible we use Doucoure/Maupay rotating behind either Beto/Chermiti for a season.

I find it doubtful as both have 1 year on their contracts and I hope were intelligent enough to sell them on as well.

I suspect the club got an awful lot more match time out of DCL than they were expecting this season. With hindsight people ask why get both Beto and Chermiti when other positions could’ve been strengthened, answer is probably that they were expected to be 1st and 2nd choice for much of the season due to DCL’s prognosis.

I guess then that DCL having a better than expected season of fitness presents a “nice” problem, in that it’s given us more options up front and has increased his value from close to zero 12 months ago.

The dilemma then is what to do now, and if the feeling is that the way he has to manage his fitness isn’t sustainable for 3-4 years maybe it is best to take the “bonus” 25m for him now rather than commit to a contract, even if he would sign.

Yes it seems unfathomable to me that posters complaining about 2 centre forward signings (one a development kid) dont seem to comprehend that if DCL continued his path to oblivion we would have been stuffed.

1 injury prone goal shy DCL or a Beto + Chermiti....no brainer.

Yeah it’s tricky, one one hand I think it would probably be easier to bed in a new big centre half alongside Tarkowski than it would to replicate DCL’s all round contribution when he’s at his best.

BUT on the other hand, if we could maintain that Pickford-Tarkowski-Branthwaite triangle for one more season it’s so solid and makes us so hard to beat that it would be a great base for another solid season.

Maybe Branthwaite needs / wants to go anyway but certainly if nothing else getting the book profit for DCL early would let us hold out later in the window for the sort of astronomical sum he should be going for.

Ive mentioned selling Pickford and signing Verbruggen. I have praised Pickford and wanted him as our keeper before we signed him.

The same stands for Tarkowski. But I have no issue with us selling Tarkowski if we can find a right sided Stones.

For all we know, DCL could join Newcastle and get injured for a season. Or stay with us and be injured for a season.

Whoever replaces him may score 10, 15, 20 goals...its not the end of the world.

better than DCL for 25m makes me laugh
name 1

You think we cant LOAN a centre forward if we offer DCLs wage + a £25mil loan fee for a season?

Seriously? If you want me to name names i suggest almost all clubs from every league in the world would take that deal for centre forwards valued below £50mil.

Is that it, 8 from open play in 3 seasons?

Those are Anichebe stats.

You dont need the window open to sign a player.

You need the window open to register a player.

Its possible we use Doucoure/Maupay rotating behind either Beto/Chermiti for a season.

I find it doubtful as both have 1 year on their contracts and I hope were intelligent enough to sell them on as well.

Yes it seems unfathomable to me that posters complaining about 2 centre forward signings (one a development kid) dont seem to comprehend that if DCL continued his path to oblivion we would have been stuffed.

1 injury prone goal shy DCL or a Beto + Chermiti....no brainer.

Ive mentioned selling Pickford and signing Verbruggen. I have praised Pickford and wanted him as our keeper before we signed him.

The same stands for Tarkowski. But I have no issue with us selling Tarkowski if we can find a right sided Stones.

For all we know, DCL could join Newcastle and get injured for a season. Or stay with us and be injured for a season.

Whoever replaces him may score 10, 15, 20 goals...its not the end of the world.

You think we cant LOAN a centre forward if we offer DCLs wage + a £25mil loan fee for a season?

Seriously? If you want me to name names i suggest almost all clubs from every league in the world would take that deal for centre forwards valued below £50mil.

Who are you paying a £25m loan fee for?!

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back