2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically all ive ever said about him all the time. Dyche isnt great for strikers but chris wood got into double figures for him at Burnley.
I dont expect miracles from calvert lewin. But i do expect more than 5 goals from open play in a full season from any forward.

As do us all.

I hope that it was simply a confidence issue. You could see the evidence of that with the fact that he did get a few in the tail end. I think at times, when he wasn't scoring, there were still signs that he was working hard and giving us something there. The fact that he got the chances he missed, says to me that a bit of luck/confidence and he would have easily been in double figures under Dyche, last season.

If he stays fit and with a renewed confidence, there is no doubt there a goal scorer there and extremely useful in the tactics Dyche uses as well.

I personally have faith in him but completely understand people who want shot of him, the injury record and the goal return in the last few seasons has been disappointing, to say the least.

The problem I have with Dom is that for about 3 years he has had injury after injury and Everton have nursed him back to fitness. He’s 27 and some would argue it’s now or never for him. However, he isn’t clinical, he’s never going to get anyone more than 15-20 goals a season and I think he owes Everton more than, I’m off or I’m not signing a new contract.

The problem is he isn’t good enough for any top 6 club. He is generally injury prone, and the only other teams that would go for him in the Prem are the fringe teams such as Villa, Newcastle, West Ham. He would probably do a job for those teams but surely he looks at us in comparison to them and thinks ‘if this takeover goes ahead then maybe the club are on the up, especially with the stadium’. I have a horrible feeling he leaves us and regrets it. Especially if he goes to a Newcastle because let’s have it right, he’s on the bench for most games if Isak stays and is fit.
Yeah is right he takes a sideways step with a move but the part about looking at what this club has to offer nah mate it is all about the £££ the badge kissing stuff is just a moment of emotion or a money shot reality is the pay cheque todays players don't ride the bus to work with the punters

As do us all.

I hope that it was simply a confidence issue. You could see the evidence of that with the fact that he did get a few in the tail end. I think at times, when he wasn't scoring, there were still signs that he was working hard and giving us something there. The fact that he got the chances he missed, says to me that a bit of luck/confidence and he would have easily been in double figures under Dyche, last season.

If he stays fit and with a renewed confidence, there is no doubt there a goal scorer there and extremely useful in the tactics Dyche uses as well.

I personally have faith in him but completely understand people who want shot of him, the injury record and the goal return in the last few seasons has been disappointing, to say the least.

I dont want shot of him. Just dont buy into this notion that he's not replacable. I think there is an element of confidence. Though i also dont think he's a good finisher. The goal that luton lad scored against us at the end of the season. Calvert lewin hardly ever scores them sort of goals. Like ive said. If we could get a good chunk over the season out of him like the last 3 or 4 games he'd do a job. But theres a massive question mark over that.

If he's decided he's off then he automatically becomes third choice front man.

Can't be relying upon a non-goal scoring striker who no longer wants to be here.

Have to make it work with Beto and Chermiti.

He automatically is for sale.

Then we flog him like a dying horse all season, rotating with Chermiti.

His long term injury issues would not be a concern to us.

The hope is hes playing for a contract elsewhere.

Some may say that is what he and Gana have been doing towards season end anyway.

Is his all round game that good? I think he’s been poor for 3 seasons, apart from a handful of games at the tail end of the last couple of years.

He played all season and I haven’t seen one person put him their top 5 for player of the season, so can’t have been that good.

Plenty of forwards can be more successful than him.

If we are confident his fitness issues are behind him I don't care if he wasn't as prolific as hoped last season as there is not a chance we can replace him with a striker with that skill set, there aren't many of them.

We dont need anyone similar to him.

We need someone better.

People go round making top 5s?

I’m guessing most 5s are Branthwaite, Tarks, Pickford, Myko and Gana? Which says a lot about our play.

Or your choices :p

Players can quite often be at their best when playing in the last season of their contract.

Maybe he did that at the end of the season? Gana and him were suddenly different players.

I dont want shot of him. Just dont buy into this notion that he's not replacable. I think there is an element of confidence. Though i also dont think he's a good finisher. The goal that luton lad scored against us at the end of the season. Calvert lewin hardly ever scores them sort of goals. Like ive said. If we could get a good chunk over the season out of him like the last 3 or 4 games he'd do a job. But theres a massive question mark over that.

Id go for a rapid centre forward that can score goals.

Pretty tired of a big man who holds the ball up.

Whoever he goes to we need to try and swop with a forward from there team really.

Newcastle - ask for 15m plus Callum Wilson
Chelsea - ask for 15m plus Broja
West Ham - ask for 20m and Antonio or even Ings

however it would seem Chelsea are going to land Duran from Villa so I don’t see them wanting Dom when they will have Jackson, Nkuku, Broja and Duran.

He’s been linked with United, could we do something with Greenwood? I know alot would be against it but it’s us verses the world at the moment so whatever.

Whoever he goes to we need to try and swop with a forward from there team really.

however it would seem Chelsea are going to land Duran from Villa so I don’t see them wanting Dom when they will have Jackson, Nkuku, Broja and Duran.

He’s been linked with United, could we do something with Greenwood? I know alot would be against it but it’s us verses the world at the moment so whatever.

You should get a temp ban for suggesting this.

These types of deals simply don't happen anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back