2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant keep someone with a year on his deal. Need to sell asap.

Hard to tell as while he could leave on a free next summer, clubs will be aware that rather than paying a higher fee they can get him 'on the cheap' this summer with less competition for him than if hes out of contract.

On the one hand i cant blame him for wanting to test himself at a better team and perhaps in Europe -- or even move overseas...

...but on the other hand i think its a really nasty and ungrateful decision to make after hes been injured and had half a dozen good games recently.

I think he upped his energy and effort the last 6 games of the season to get interested parties to come to the table.

Get a good offer and sell ASAP.
Better teams don't play target man football Zat, he will get a step up in terms of the team but he will be a bench player who comes on as a last throw of the dice type thing imo.

I can see him refusing to sign and us not getting a bid anywhere near what we would value him at.

I can also see him and his agent trying to get a move and better wages hy moving on a free next year and ending up fairly disappointed in the offers they get so he ends up staying here. His best chance of getting his wages increased is with us but I expect they will test the water and see if they can do better.

I'll be surprised if anyone is throwing 30 million at us for a player with injury problems, who hasn't scored double figures in three years, and is likely already on a good chunk of money with us.

Better teams don't play target man football Zat, he will get a step up in terms of the team but he will be a bench player who comes on as a last throw of the dice type thing imo.

Yes I totally agree and it seems he wants to go for the cash as well as more experiences in europe or suchlike rather than being the 'star' centre forward.

Seems strange to me unless he has an idea of who wants him from his agent.

I dont think he can take the risk with his fitness next season and will want to move this summer to lock in a 5 year contract somewhere.

£30mil would be good business for us.

Yes I totally agree and it seems he wants to go for the cash as well as more experiences in europe or suchlike rather than being the 'star' centre forward.

Seems strange to me unless he has an idea of who wants him from his agent.

I dont think he can take the risk with his fitness next season and will want to move this summer to lock in a 5 year contract somewhere.

£30mil would be good business for us.
I have seen some suggestions that due to his age (prime years now) and the fact he is now a family man that his agent is pushing for a big contract circa £140-150k per week and what the club was offering was far, far less than that hence everything just stalled.

I have seen some suggestions that due to his age (prime years now) and the fact he is now a family man that his agent is pushing for a big contract circa £140-150k per week and what the club was offering was far, far less than that hence everything just stalled.
I like DCL and think the amount of stick he gets is completely unwarranted. However, if he really is after £150k a week then we have to let him go. He's not got the stats to back up a salary like that and we shouldn't be getting into those sorts of wages with our financial situation. If we gave that to DCL then I would imagine players like Pickford, Tarkowski etc.. and their agents would be making noises about parity.

think he could sign now would be something the new owners would want to talk about is a big player for us. Injuries did frustrated me massively but when you see a fit dcl in the team is a better everton imo

:lol:

I expect he will re-sign here then because there not a chance he gets that off of anyone else after his last three seasons.

Cant keep someone with a year on his deal. Need to sell asap.

Hard to tell as while he could leave on a free next summer, clubs will be aware that rather than paying a higher fee they can get him 'on the cheap' this summer with less competition for him than if hes out of contract.

On the one hand i cant blame him for wanting to test himself at a better team and perhaps in Europe -- or even move overseas...

...but on the other hand i think its a really nasty and ungrateful decision to make after hes been injured and had half a dozen good games recently.

I think he upped his energy and effort the last 6 games of the season to get interested parties to come to the table.

Get a good offer and sell ASAP.
Watching him wander off free and bang in goals anywhere else in the Prem will be galling after what we've sat through. Mind you no-one in Europe's gonna pay 30m for him.

Interesting. I suppose 30m isn't terrible for someone who can go through long goalless patches if we get a replacement that can notch 10-15. Just don't know who that is at 30m, but then looking at that as 2x15m season long loans is interesting since Dom would walk FOC after that time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back