2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if perhaps he thinks that he owes the club something after the painstaking job of returning him to fitness? It might have a bearing on his decision. He seems one of the more decent characters around the premier League clubs. I'd be disappointed if he decides to stay and rundown his contract. Sign or agree a transfer this window.
It's quite painstaking being the one returning to fitness, he might also be thinking he has a fragile career and only one shot at a big-ish move. Really hope he stays though.

It's quite painstaking being the one returning to fitness, he might also be thinking he has a fragile career and only one shot at a big-ish move. Really hope he stays though.
No problem with him getting his 'biggish' move, even happier if he signs an extension, I just don't want to see him run down his contract and go as a free agent next summer.

A fit DCL is probably as good a striker as we can afford/ attract right now so I'd like him to sign a new contract but if he won't he will have to be sold and replaced.

There is no way we can let him go on a free .
Indeed. Unless I've missed it, which admittedly may be likely, it appears if a lot of people are not considering our ownership saga and Dom's contract situation.

With the uncertainty behind the scenes over the last few months, could that have impacted negotiations? Could he be awaiting the outcome?

I think this is more likely than not, so with us securing survival and the ownership prospects looking more likely, I have a feeling he will still sign a contract with us.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes (not specifically just with Dom), so patience is suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back