2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but Isak is prob up there for best striker in the league and DCL is nowhere near his level. Also Isak is going to get better and this is DCLs prime
Also isak has had many injuries aswell he wont be going to them to be first choice would be rotated maybe even as part of a 3 with isak out wide some games

A lot of big talk Dominic the last few months about what a privilege it is to represent Everton, etc. Don't sell your arse to Saudi head chopping maniacs

I love Dom but if he doesn’t sign then we sort of have to sell him. It’s too big of a risk to keep him and if we have a half decent season he may sign a contact. However the guy is now like 27 and I do understand he wants to go and try to fight for something instead of fighting relegation every season.

Hopefully one day in the near future we can be in the position where players actually want to stay and play for us. On the flip side I do think Everton should be doing everything they can to keep him. Tell him he will be captain leading us out to Bramley Moore, give him a big pay rise, whatever.

Can we not be honest and say this is the best possible outcome for a big sale this summer? I like the lad, and he's finished the season well, but he couldn't be relied upon for years and even now he's still not even a 15 goal a season striker, plus we have Beto and Chermiti already at the club, with Maupay coming back if we want to keep him for some reason.

I'm 100% behind this move and wish him the best of luck, we'd also be foolish to turn it down, especially if the fee is decent and will clear us out of financial issues.

Gets completely overlooked that Dyche and his team nursed him back from 2 years of injury hell
And at the same time it shouldn’t be overlooked how much nursing was needed and possibly still is to get him playing games.

His long term prognosis needs to be a factor in this decision, is he going to require that sort of nursing along in the future?

IMO while it will be sad to see him go it was also a risk to even offer him a deal. If he broke down again months into a 4 year deal as one of our biggest earners we’d be screaming for Thelwell’s blood. Maybe this is the best outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back