2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Dom but given the choice of losing him or Branthwaite, I’d rather we keep Jarrad, especially with Dom being into his final year. If nothing else it would mean we’d have to adapt our attacking style, assuming we sign Minteh from them and N’Daiye to play Beto more like he was at Udinese rather than as a target man

A striker is the hardest and most costly position to fill, I worry with Dom going that we aren’t going to get a replacement who will score enough goals for what limited budget we may have. When fit, Dom is a handful and brings others into play.

Will have a job to replace him.

This is a worry in what has been a very positive week and shows just the level of difficulty in which we still have to operate.

Thelwell has a task on his hands to get a decent replacement. It would very well define his future here.

I think his overall game will be a huge loss.

I think his goals arae sort of replaceable.

Explains why we've been linked to some strikers though.

Yeah this was one of the first things that really impressed me about Dyche and helped me see he’s not the ‘dinosaur’ some would have us believe.
He’s well into sport science and looking after players.

Yeah. The whole "Dyche fit" mickey take is just "premier league level fit" which has been an issue in and out for years.

Will be a shame to see him go, he is a great target man on his day, as others have said not a great goal scorer but is that tactics or the players supplying him at Newcastle we will find out.

We need to get that guy from Luton, the one who brushed Ashley young aside to score against us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back