2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be disappointed to see him go but if he's not willing to sign a new deal then so be it.

Thelwell and Dyche simply have to find a goalscorer from somewhere who is mobile and has a decent scoring record. We dont score enough as it is so selling our main focal point instantly increases the pressure.

Cannot say i would be that disappointed to see him go tbh. Always been very frustrating bar that 1 Carlo season. We should get a few bob for him and i am pretty sure we can can get a better replacement for not that much cash.

Oh well. No choice but to cash in while his stock is relatively high after a decent run of fitness last year. Good player but as had been said, rather keep jarred so needs must.

He played 30 Premier League games last season. So either Gordon or DCL aren’t starting with a fully fit squad, pick one.
Have said he will be rotated isak is the number 1, if dcl went to them would get games. I dont watch enough of them to tell you. What formation players they will do was something i think they would try.

Would rather he stayed but if he has to go, then get as much money as possible for him and bring Tammy Abraham from our sister team on loan, and use the money for Ndiaye and Minteh

Fixed for you. 👍
I wasn't one of them who wanted him gone and like I said previously, we're a better team with DCL in our 11, but his terrible injury record has put a stop on any move in the past. I'm not questioning his character by suggesting he might've wanted a move, he's put up with some horrid abuse and handled it very well.

Shame really, unbelievable player when fit but we haven’t seen the best of him in the last 3 years and if an offer above £20m came in I’d let him go.

Needs to be replaced well though, not with Broja.

Thelwell’s record with strikers is a big worry (Maupay, Beto and Chermiti).

Our recruitment of forwards has been by far the worst part of our recruitment in recent years. He is replaceable but I would be pretty concerned we will get it wrong.
There’s options out there, linked with Minteh and N’Daiye who are more wide forwards, Adams as a free agent and the big lad at Luton Adebayo

Or we change up tactics to remove the target man plan and use Beto/Chermiti as in behind strikers

There’s options out there, linked with Minteh and N’Daiye who are more wide forwards, Adams as a free agent and the big lad at Luton Adebayo

Or we change up tactics to remove the target man plan and use Beto/Chermiti as in behind strikers
Given some of the names being linked at the moment it would suggest that maybe Dyche is looking to change things up a bit as a few of the names linked don't strike as very Dycheball type of players, it would be a big change from Sean but fair play if he does as it shows they want to build on from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back