2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
And at the same time it shouldn’t be overlooked how much nursing was needed and possibly still is to get him playing games.

His long term prognosis needs to be a factor in this decision, is he going to require that sort of nursing along in the future?

IMO while it will be sad to see him go it was also a risk to even offer him a deal. If he broke down again months into a 4 year deal as one of our biggest earners we’d be screaming for Thelwell’s blood. Maybe this is the best outcome.
This is 100% spot on. Anyone who's mad about us selling him should look at it the other way, take the sentiment away and act like we're signing a player of his profile for probably £30m+, is Broja really that much worse for example and none of us were having that when it was rumoured. Same type of injury record and goal return honestly.

Shame really. I like Dom, he’s important to the way we play but he’s nowhere near irreplaceable & let’s be honest he was part of the problem infront of goal last year.

If we can do another bit of PSR juggling & also bring in a pacey winger like Minteh then it’s a no brainer really.

A loan for someone like Broja leaves us to carry on in other positions.

I reckon when all the clubs got together to vote on PSR this Summer they were like "right, we can't get rid of it and get somethting better, but whilst we're here in the coffee break go find a partner and sort some swap deals out."

I reckon when all the clubs got together to vote on PSR this Summer they were like "right, we can't get rid of it and get somethting better, but whilst we're here in the coffee break go find a partner and sort some swap deals out."
Honestly it's great, it's making pure mockery of it and I'm all here for it.

Sometimes you need to change things up. I like Dom but he’s easily replaceable IMO, he’s hardly Lukaku or even Yakubu when we lost those.

Maybe his best years are ahead of him, sometimes though a change is best for both parties.

If we can get a decent fee and replace him with another option it’s worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back