2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
His hold the ball play on form is as good as Harry Kane in his pomp - I agree his injury problems may persuade the blues to get rid , but it may be a grave error IMO -
It could yes, and I agree his hold up play is good. However he isn’t irreplaceable, none of our squad are in all honesty. If he wants to go, so be it, he knows the club has been good to him but it’s his career. I’m not convinced he wants to go though anyway.

We have not had a consistently good finisher since Lukaku, if we could get somebody who does half of what he did it would be good. Broja isn’t the answer that’s for sure.

Sell (unfortunately)
No contract signed, injury prone, hardly prolific, wants out (allegedly) last year of contract.
Hopefully we get a decent fee for him.
Not sure about the NUFC links mind, I’d imagine they’re up against it PSR wise.

It could yes, and I agree his hold up play is good. However he isn’t irreplaceable, none of our squad are in all honesty. If he wants to go, so be it, he knows the club has been good to him but it’s his career. I’m not convinced he wants to go though anyway.

We have not had a consistently good finisher since Lukaku, if we could get somebody who does half of what he did it would be good. Broja isn’t the answer that’s for sure.
Lukaku would not have been a good finisher with our wingers or hoof ball - mate, OK ....

There is no discussion. If he doesn’t want to stay then we cash in. Can’t be letting any of our saleable assets walk for free in our current financial state.

If it was a lowball 10 million then arguably we would make that in league placements keeping him (as long as he stayed injury free). Once you start getting 20-25 million then unfortunately he has to go and we should be looking for the next DCL or get Lukaku back on loan.

This.
Short memories for a few on here, the previous two or three seasons everyone was clamouring for the entire squad to be flogged and reset.

I like Dom, think on his day he’s fantastic, unfortunately those days are far too sparse.

I’ll probably regret saying this but I have a feeling Beto will have a far more productive 2nd season too. (NB doesn’t mean I think he’ll be prolific, but he doesn’t have to do much to replace DCLs goals)

Sell DCL if he does not want to renew and sign someone like Iheanacho, Martial or Adams on a free transfer to compete with Beto. We surely did not spend that much money on a striker to not give Beto a proper chance. Maybe then we can afford to loan out Chermiti for a season. Use the money on a much needed winger or two.

His future is just something to park until a takeover gets sorted.

Can't really be handing out a lucrative new deal with the state of the club at present.

Consider any offers that come in but wouldn't expect any serious interest until last week of the window when clubs panic.

Sell DCL if he does not want to renew and sign someone like Iheanacho, Martial or Adams on a free transfer to compete with Beto. We surely did not spend that much money on a striker to not give Beto a proper chance. Maybe then we can afford to loan out Chermiti for a season. Use the money on a much needed winger or two.

Martial is someone to avoid like the plague given he didn't look very motivated for Man. United last 2-3 years and is frequently injured.

I'd have taken Iheanacho last summer but he's just spent large periods of the season on the bench for Leicester so not sure if he's declined or Maresca didn't rate him.

Adams will work hard but simply won't get on the end of the amount of crosses that DCL does.

Calum Wilson would be a better solution if available. Newcastle been linked to DCL in the past.

Let's see what the situation is in two months.

He’s a striker mate. With a very mediocre goalscoring record.
Come on mate be serious. I hate these falsehoods about Dom's scoring record.

He has had 8 seasons with us. 5 out of them 8 seasons he has scored 5 goals or less in the prem. The majority of his seasons his top goal tally was 5.... some 2... some 1.

Mediocre suggest his record is average. That is unfair on the word average. As a premier league sticker.

His goal scoring record in the famous number nine is not mediocre.

This.
Short memories for a few on here, the previous two or three seasons everyone was clamouring for the entire squad to be flogged and reset.

I like Dom, think on his day he’s fantastic, unfortunately those days are far too sparse.

I’ll probably regret saying this but I have a feeling Beto will have a far more productive 2nd season too. (NB doesn’t mean I think he’ll be prolific, but he doesn’t have to do much to replace DCLs goals)
I hope so, but he was passed by Chermiti at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back