2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final contract year DCL feels like that car you've owned for a while that has regular repairs. You manage to get it running for a reasonable stretch but you keep wondering when that next major repair is going to hit.

If he drags out signing, maybe it's better to sell the car before the next repair.

Final contract year DCL feels like that car you've owned for a while that has regular repairs. You manage to get it running for a reasonable stretch but you keep wondering when that next major repair is going to hit.

If he drags out signing, maybe it's better to sell the car before the next repair.
IMG_8419.webp

I really do like Dom, will be interesting to see how we play without him in the side, it'd have to be a massive shift of style because the other two cannot do his job.

Martial is someone to avoid like the plague given he didn't look very motivated for Man. United last 2-3 years and is frequently injured.

I'd have taken Iheanacho last summer but he's just spent large periods of the season on the bench for Leicester so not sure if he's declined or Maresca didn't rate him.

Adams will work hard but simply won't get on the end of the amount of crosses that DCL does.

Calum Wilson would be a better solution if available. Newcastle been linked to DCL in the past.

Let's see what the situation is in two months.
I agree that Martial would not be ideal but at this point we just need someone with PL quality to play. Martial clearly has the quality, but probably does not have any real motivation to show his ability. I just hope we can put together some solid squad because promoting teams are much better than those going down.

Agreed,

For what it’s worth I want him to stay. But I’m not getting carried away that his injury troubles are fully behind him just because he had a decent season appearance wise. Will be a worry for the rest of his career.

Really hope so. Perfect replacement
Yeah has something about him, strong, fast and some flair for a big lad. Think he got 10 goals in 23 games last season as he missed the rest with an injury. Need to make sure that injury was a one off and he all good now.

Sell DCL if he does not want to renew and sign someone like Iheanacho, Martial or Adams on a free transfer to compete with Beto. We surely did not spend that much money on a striker to not give Beto a proper chance. Maybe then we can afford to loan out Chermiti for a season. Use the money on a much needed winger or two.

Martial is someone to avoid like the plague given he didn't look very motivated for Man. United last 2-3 years and is frequently injured.

I'd have taken Iheanacho last summer but he's just spent large periods of the season on the bench for Leicester so not sure if he's declined or Maresca didn't rate him.

Adams will work hard but simply won't get on the end of the amount of crosses that DCL does.

Calum Wilson would be a better solution if available. Newcastle been linked to DCL in the past.

Let's see what the situation is in two months.

I agree that Martial would not be ideal but at this point we just need someone with PL quality to play. Martial clearly has the quality, but probably does not have any real motivation to show his ability. I just hope we can put together some solid squad because promoting teams are much better than those going down.
Are we talking about £200,000 per week Anthony Martial here?

He may be available for free, but that only strengthens his hand in salary negotiations.

He'll, thankfully, never come anywhere near to joining Everton.

Strange move as Isak is very similar.
If DCL won't sign a contract then sell him and replace with Callum Wilson.
He's more suited to our defensive style anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back