2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone like the GV or Roy Vernon ? A dying breed - Tony Cottee was small but could score & he was disliked in his era ?

Someone with quick feet, pace and can finish. I’d also like a Son type player but unless we find a bargain in the rough those types cost a lot and of course we haven’t exactly got money farting out of our arses.

Not prolific but he does work defences over so I’d rather keep him until we get a replacement in.

Also rather not sell to the skunks at all unless they offered £60m for him which they won’t.

Who is the proposed replacement ?

Can we swap swap for that Isak bloke ?

Not prolific but he does work defences over so I’d rather keep him until we get a replacement in.

Also rather not sell to the skunks at all unless they offered £60m for him which they won’t.

He would be crap in our set up. Would struggle to get near double figures. Needs pace and through balls, not lumping it long to him to win the duel and hold it up,

Minteh, the young winger they loaned to Feyenoord last season, is our half of the proposed PSR swap

Isla is one of the best strikers in the league and is definitely untouchable on their end.

They’re way more likely to offload Callum Wilson at that position (think West Ham are interested). Their highly rated RW prospect the more likely to join us in return.

H
Very true. I don't disagree. I'm not sure if you're defending his performances or providing balance.
🙂
But lets look at previous years, (according to Wikipedia):

2021/22...
17 league games played
21 missed

2022/23...
17 league games played
21 missed

And with regards to his goal scoring: I don't be believe that a return of 0.295 goals/game in 2021/22, and 0.112goals/game in 2022/23 are very good.
But these probably reflect the team rather than the individual.
And previous games per year 33,36,35,32 - you’re just selecting figures to suit your agenda

His overall Everton goals ratio is 67 goals in 248 appearances (transfer market) 1 goal every 3.6 games despite the dross he’s had to work with

2 people watch him say he’s average. Maybe, just maybe, stats aren’t everything?
Remember when we signed a certain very promising LaLiga striker, 30 games, 14 or 15 goals or something he had before coming to us from Malaga to shine on the bigger stage.

Sorloth has everything you want in a striker. Yet somehow looks like he’s not quite sure what to do at all times.
Remember he was a great prospect on FM, made his IRL debut against us as he was randomly at Crystal Palace, did nothing, went to RBL, did nothing and now he's had a fantastic season for the first time in his career.

Be happy for him if he kicks on and this is how he usually performs, but feels more like a purple patch, a-la Sandro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back