2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though it makes financial sense to let him go, don't underestimate just how important he is for us. We actually look like a team when he plays. He will be a massive miss (even from a defence point of view) and we are either going to have to change how we play or find a replacement who can do 80/90% of what Dom can.
100% this.
Dom makes the rest of the team better way more than any other CF on our books.
I’d be tempted to let his contract run down as without him leading the line, we are gonna struggle real bad.

Bad bad move selling him now.

This doesn't address the point that DCL is not good enough to be our ceiling. He doesn't want to stay. Let him go.

It does make me laugh when people talk about why isnt DCL more loved at everton.

Personally think that everton love players that love the club and DCL never really loved everton. Literally first good season he had he was trying to move away and would of done if he hadnt of gotten injured.

Hes a fantastic target man but hes not irreplaceable. So im not worried about letting him go.

100% this.
Dom makes the rest of the team better way more than any other CF on our books.
I’d be tempted to let his contract run down as without him leading the line, we are gonna struggle real bad.

Bad bad move selling him now.

Yes but you have to bear in mind if he doesn’t sign a new contract we'll be in the same position next year, this time without the money to get a replacement. That has been part of our downfall in the Moshiri era.

I said earlier anything around 10 million and he is probably going to help us make that in merit placing alone, so he should stay. When you get to 20+ million though, he probably has to go and then it is on the recruitment team to find someone suitable for this season and the season after.

Yes but you have to bear in mind if he doesn’t sign a new contract we'll be in the same position next year, this time without the money to get a replacement. That has been part of our downfall in the Moshiri era.

I said earlier anything around 10 million and he is probably going to help us make that in merit placing alone, so he should stay. When you get to 20+ million though, he probably has to go and then it is on the recruitment team to find someone suitable for this season and the season after.
Get what you’re saying and don’t disagree about us needing to get ‘something’ for him now and has been part of Everton’s past problems by not selling at the right time. However…….

IMO, Dom is perfect for how we play. We ain’t playing any differently anytime soon and I don’t think a) the other strikers at the club give us 50% of dom, and b) I don’t trust the recruitment team to adequately replace him.
Even £20m would not tempt me. I think he’s the difference between us going down or staying up.

I think hes a great number 9 and we will very much miss his presence in the side.

But.

If he doesnt want to be here, then we simply have to move him on and replace him.

Not a peep so far about him signing a new contract, just vague links to him moving on, so I think its pretty certain he isnt here 1st September, im honestly ok with that, its tiresome having to "defend" him week on week to people who can only read goal tallies on Wiki.

So good luck Dom, smash it wherever you end up.

👑

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back