2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But if DCL goes to Newcastle and we have their 19 year old rapid goalscoring right winger in return then if nothing else it will be exciting to watch.

If hes anything like a Kanchelskis in style then he could be our version of Garnacho.
Can’t say I’ve ever seen him play. You seem to have the lowdown here. Has he scored a lot of goals?

DCL has been loyal through multiple manager changes and played hurt/risked injury when needed. He deserves some respect. He has not always been well used or looked after medically here.

He was important to us last year but at his age and with his injury history if we can shift him for a half-decent fee, leveraging Minteh through a PSR win-win and then add eg Adebayo if/when we sell Onana then it makes sense.

I get what you're after but if Dom goes, we need another striker like him, especially under Dyche.

Beto wants to run behind but gets played as a target man even though he has zero first touch. Maupay always played off someone but came to Everton and got stuck up top on his own.

Maupay to me lack’s that edge at the highest level. I get what you’re saying , I’m just not a big fan of the target man type a lot of fans seem to like.

We also need a decent number ten, a good passer who can play balls in behind . We haven’t replaced Gilfy and James.

We more often than not seem to be playing catch up in areas of the squad and it’s made more difficult by the disgraceful running of the club over the years

I really hope he manages to find a spell of consistent fitness at some point this season. He’s our best striker by a mile and the thought of Maupay getting more starts makes me angry! We are a much better team with Dom, even if he doesn’t score. Hopefully we manage a few more goals from other players, we are too heavily reliant on Dom being fit.
He will play every game this season ….. for Newcastle, be typical like

ok here’s my pw - if we let him
run the his contact down by then we our in a far better postion money wise due to the new owner so it won’t matter?
Yes what you say could be true so fair enough but like Zat says he could be injured during that last season here and we would struggle to get anything for him, it’s gamble either way - I’d prefer the money now.

Maupay to me lack’s that edge at the highest level. I get what you’re saying , I’m just not a big fan of the target man type a lot of fans seem to like.

We also need a decent number ten, a good passer who can play balls in behind . We haven’t replaced Gilfy and James.

We more often than not seem to be playing catch up in areas of the squad and it’s made more difficult by the disgraceful running of the club over the years
Maupay deserves no pay, how we spent £15 million on him just shows how bad our decision making has been

Any idea what kind of fee we are looking at?

Not overly bothered losing him tbh, he never reached the heights we wanted, served a purpose but never going to be a golden boot candidate.

Mi

Missed 6 games last season, 3 of them after sticking his head in and getting a broken cheekbone for which he got booed off
Very true. I don't disagree. I'm not sure if you're defending his performances or providing balance.
🙂
But lets look at previous years, (according to Wikipedia):

2021/22...
17 league games played
21 missed

2022/23...
17 league games played
21 missed

And with regards to his goal scoring: I don't be believe that a return of 0.295 goals/game in 2021/22, and 0.112goals/game in 2022/23 are very good.
But these probably reflect the team rather than the individual.

Any idea what kind of fee we are looking at?

Not overly bothered losing him tbh, he never reached the heights we wanted, served a purpose but never going to be a golden boot candidate.

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

Good look with ever seeing one of those in the future at this institution if that's your yearly goal.

Very true. I don't disagree. I'm not sure if you're defending his performances or providing balance.
🙂
But lets look at previous years, (according to Wikipedia):

2021/22...
17 league games played
21 missed

2022/23...
17 league games played
21 missed

And with regards to his goal scoring: I don't be believe that a return of 0.295 goals/game in 2021/22, and 0.112goals/game in 2022/23 are very good.
But these probably reflect the team rather than the individual.
1 goal every 3 games in 2021/22.
1 goal every 9 games in 2022/23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back