2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refusing to sign a new contract isn't the same as running down your existing one?

He's forced our hand into selling him because if not he's going to run it down and not sign a new one.....
Maybe shouldn’t have waited until May to start negotiating. We also have no idea what he has actually requested of the club or whether he has asked to be sold etc.

But you compared him to Barkley calling into question DCLs professionalism and they are poles apart. Barkley refused to leave because he was injured to use our medical team and ultimately cost us £20m on the fee. Which isn’t DCL at all as he played 38 games last season and continued putting a shift in.

I'd say they definitely have a business head Joey. Taking the money we can get for a player who hates the club and doesn't want to re-sign is clever business.

Would you be happy if we were offering a free transfer striker like say, Chris Wood, over 100k a week? Is that good business?

Because that's what Dom will be looking for.
Any good number 9 would hate Hoof ball - I hate watching Hoof - we played good football to beat the other lot 2-0 - why cant we play like that consistantly ?

Maybe shouldn’t have waited until May to start negotiating.
Yes, because it would have been a very wise idea to offer a player who's already on 100k a week a raise when it looked like we might be heading to the championship and would have had to sell him anyway???

We offered them all contracts when the club was certain they could actually afford them.

We also have no idea what he has actually requested of the club or whether he has asked to be sold etc.

Well, I feel fairly confident saying he hasn't asked for a cut to his wages....

But you compared him to Barkley calling into question DCLs professionalism and they are poles apart. Barkley refused to leave because he was injured to use our medical team and ultimately cost us £20m on the fee. Which isn’t DCL at all as he played 38 games last season and continued putting a shift in.

I see a player we have stood by through some horrific injuries, who hasn't really contributed anywhere near as much as we know he's capable of and is happy to seek out a move instead of repaying the faith and opportunities the club gave him.

14 goals in three seasons while pulling in 100k a week the entire time makes me think he should feel like he owes us a bit and should re-sign here. Obviously, he doesn't think so. Fair enough.

Yes, because it would have been a very wise idea to offer a player who's already on 100k a week a raise when it looked like we might be heading to the championship and would have had to sell him anyway???

We offered them all contracts when the club was certain they could actually afford them.

Well, I feel fairly confident saying he hasn't asked for a cut to his wages....

I see a player we have stood by through some horrific injuries, who hasn't really contributed anywhere near as much as we know he's capable of and is happy to seek out a move instead of repaying the faith and opportunities the club gave him.

14 goals in three seasons while pulling in 100k a week the entire time makes me think he should feel like he owes us a bit and should re-sign here. Obviously, he doesn't think so. Fair enough.

You don't even want him to stay, not sure why you're bothered if he wants a move.

Has had to put up with ridiculous behaviour from some of our fans but always gave it his all on the pitch.

Signed for 1m+ and spent eight seasons here. A successful signing in goals/mentality that we should have been making more of the last decade.

Would happily see him sold for a decent fee - £20 millions would be acceptable considering its Oil FC.

Get in that big galoot from Luton as his replacement & a loan for Richarlison to give us a goal threat out wide.

Maybe shouldn’t have waited until May to start negotiating. We also have no idea what he has actually requested of the club or whether he has asked to be sold etc.

Tbh I personally think it was less to do with which medical team looked after him so much as how many more millions he got as a signing on fee when his transfer fee dropped in line with his dwindling contract duration.

You don't even want him to stay, not sure why you're bothered if he wants a move.

Not many premier league clubs hand 100k contracts to strikers who barely ever score double figures. Would have been nice to see to see a little mutual appreciation from Dom but I guess it only goes one way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back