2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all only have yourselves to blame. How could you expect him to stay with the toxic atmosphere this poor lad has had to suffer through for nearly a decade?

You should have been kissing the ground he walks on and laying palm fronds beneath his feet as he chipped in with less than 15 league goals in 3 seasons while taking home 100k a week.

Now he hates you all and wants to watch Tony Gordon score against us while he cheers him on from the Geordie bench.

This doesn't address the point that DCL is not good enough to be our ceiling. He doesn't want to stay. Let him go.

This is where I’m at really, he’s always made a contribution, had good different parts to his game, he’s not an elite striker though. We move on.

What do we need to replace 7 goals, think most of those were pens as well.

Good player, but just competent. If we want to improve we need to move on from him.

You have to remember, it's DCL's last big contract. As said above, fans have given loads of stick. Hopefully we can replace him with someone good.

ok here’s my pw - if we let him
run the his contact down by then we our in a far better postion money wise due to the new owner so it won’t matter?
Money will always matter mate. A sensibly run business doesn't let his contract run down if we can get money for him this summer. One season of DCL isn't worth 25m or whatever the fee would be, and that's what the choice boils down to.

Reckon he’s as good as gone, links to Iliman Ndiaye intensifying.
Somes ones got to go to pay for any incoming you would think.
OM reported to have paid £20m for him, but he’s not exactly been on fire there from his stats, but age wise he’s going to be at least £15m you would think.

Reckon he’s as good as gone, links to Iliman Ndiaye intensifying.
Somes ones got to go to pay for any incoming you would think.
OM reported to have paid £20m for him, but he’s not exactly been on fire there from his stats, but age wise he’s going to be at least £15m you would think.

@Simon Buttle pointed out to me earlier that Bobble has shot Ndiaye down

You all only have yourselves to blame. How could you expect him to stay with the toxic atmosphere this poor lad has had to suffer through for nearly a decade?

You should have been kissing the ground he walks on and laying palm fronds beneath his feet as he chipped in with less than 15 league goals in 3 seasons while taking home 100k a week.

Now he hates you all and wants to watch Tony Gordon score against us while he cheers him on from the Geordie bench.
FGS - he cost us £50,000 - Unsworth fetched him here he stated he would be an asset - How much did our DOF spend 1/2 a billion on rubbish - we never got much of that back - I hope the new owners have a business head ....

FGS - he cost us £50,000 - Unsworth fetched him here he stated he would be an asset - How much did our DOF spend 1/2 a billion on rubbish - we never got much of that back - I hope the new owners have a business head ....
I'd say they definitely have a business head Joey. Taking the money we can get for a player who hates the club and doesn't want to re-sign is clever business.

Would you be happy if we were offering a free transfer striker like say, Chris Wood, over 100k a week? Is that good business?

Because that's what Dom will be looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back