2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th highest PL scorer for Everton, cost us like £2m, flip for £25-30m, good value for money signing I'd say.
Especially when one of the things that hurt us most in recent seasons is the amount we've spent on failed signings who have ultimately walked out the door for nothing. When a signing has actually been a good one you have to take the profit to make up for that.

Where have I said I know?

I'd expect that we have likely offered him an increase (though a small one) on his widely reported current 100k a week contract.

But you're complaining he's rejected an improved £100k contract from Everton even though you don't know a) that's he rejected the deal, nor b) what the deal is.

Are you just gonna turn into another GoT conjecture merchant? Sad to see the decline, Jakey.

If we are to bring in another forward then I’d like to see someone different than the usual tall target man, a different option like someone more mobile, play off the shoulder with pace and can finish. It’s a little frustrating seeing us bringing the same type in or consistently linked with the same type of striker.

If we are to bring in another forward then I’d like to see someone different than the usual tall target man, a different option like someone more mobile, play off the shoulder with pace and can finish. It’s a little frustrating seeing us bringing the same type in.

We haven't brought in the same type though? That's where we've been going wrong. None of Maupay, Beto or Chermiti play like Dom does.

We haven't brought in the same type though? That's where we've been going wrong. None of Maupay, Beto or Chermiti play like Dom does.

Does the likes of Beto fit the description of what I like to see ? I’m not sure.

An Andy Johnson/Radzinski type I mean.

I'd say they definitely have a business head Joey. Taking the money we can get for a player who hates the club and doesn't want to re-sign is clever business.

Would you be happy if we were offering a free transfer striker like say, Chris Wood, over 100k a week? Is that good business?

Because that's what Dom will be looking for.
What are you basing this on mate?

He may want to make a move for lots of both personal reasons (awareness of his age/injury record/responsibility of fatherhood) and professional reasons (playing style/likelihood of silverware/being picked for England/new challenges) without necessarily feeling animosity to the club itself.

But you're complaining he's rejected an improved £100k contract from Everton even though you don't know a) that's he rejected the deal, nor b) what the deal is.

Are you just gonna turn into another GoT conjecture merchant? Sad to see the decline, Jakey.
Come on now.

It's not a giant leap in logic to assume that:

1. If we've offered a new contract and it's likely more than what he was making before
  2. If we're agreeing a deal to sell him then he's turned down that offered contract

Does the likes of Beto fit the description of what I like to see ? I’m not sure.

An Andy Johnson/Radzinski type I mean.

I get what you're after but if Dom goes, we need another striker like him, especially under Dyche.

Beto wants to run behind but gets played as a target man even though he has zero first touch. Maupay always played off someone but came to Everton and got stuck up top on his own.

Come on now.

It's not a giant leap in logic to assume that:

1. If we've offered a new contract and it's likely more than what he was making before
  2. If we're agreeing a deal to sell him then he's turned down that offered contract

Judging people based on assumptions is pretty crap behaviour. Wait to see what actually happens. No decent tiered media outlet has confirmed the Dom to Newcastle rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back