2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All reports were that we had started negotiations in May.

Either way, even if it was toward the end of last season, it’s not him running it down unless he runs it down to leave on a free in a years time.

Him rejecting a contract and then being sold is not him running it down.

Refusing to sign a new contract isn't the same as running down your existing one?

He's forced our hand into selling him because if not he's going to run it down and not sign a new one.....

He definitely been refusing to pick up the phone and blanked thelwell in the hallways of Finch farm while he's been itching for this move to link up with arl pal Tony Gordon.

I can't see Newcastle paying him more than we would. He's far more important to us than he is to them.

He must really, really hate Everton and the support to turn down that money.
Loooool

He definitely been refusing to pick up the phone and blanked thelwell in the hallways of Finch farm while he's been itching for this move to link up with arl pal Tony Gordon.

I can't see Newcastle paying him more than we would. He's far more important to us than he is to them.

He must really, really hate Everton and the support to turn down that money.
The more I read this, the more I laugh

Pure fantasy

Thelwell bowling around FF, hi Dom can I have a word, dom just walks off

Then some random conclusion that he hates the fans as a result

Pffft

Most likely Newcastle want to have three strikers in the squad next season, Isak, Wilson and DCL. Not a bad three to have IMHO.

Isak is the guaranteed starter though when fit and Newcastle want to keep him at all costs for another season.

They've also played Gordon as CF when they had injuries so can't see them keeping three main CFs happy so Wilson will move on eventually.

I don't know that he'd get a start at Newcastle, I do think he's our best striker only because our scouts are [Poor language removed] at their job. Beto is so/so,Chermiti looks to me like he needs a season on loan. So it's not like he had too much competition for #1 Striker.
He has struggled to regain form from the season when he got the England call up, don't see him getting back to those heights.
I'm hoping there are wheels in motion for the replacement. Good scouts would find them ,and that's another worry......

It has already been said that Dominic could have hampered the club further by just staying for another 12 months and walking away leaving Everton getting nothing and Dominic getting a much better contract than he will get off Newcastle now. I want him to stay and so do Everton but it is now up to Dominic what happens in the next couple of weeks, whatever happens I thank Dominic for his time here and the profit we will make on him, which helps the club, and wish him well with his future career.

ok here’s my pw - if we let him
run the his contact down by then we our in a far better postion money wise due to the new owner so it won’t matter?

Plenty of reasons to celebrate.

1: It's not 'exciting' to watch DCL. Sure, not knowing if he'll score a tap in could be classed as exciting but we need a younger more clinical player with a bit of pace.

2: His injury record means that at any time he could breakdown. 12months ago we'd have probably taken £15mil for him.

3: Goals. We need goals. DCL doesnt provide any more goals than most premier league teams backups would

4: All cash from Newcastle. If theyre buying him it should be cash up front. However, with PSR they will need a counterbalance sale.

5: Minteh would be the profile of player weve missed since Kanchelskis left. Rapid, direct and an eye for goal. Gives us another young high potential player that adds value on the balance sheet.

If Newcastle have PSR issues and need to balance those books then have to hope the deal is done next week and it sees us bring in Minteh.

100% and there seem to be plenty around in Europe these days that fit a profile we should be looking at.

oh your so footy manager it’s dreamland

give it a rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back