2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joey, I'm surprised at you. You've seen a lot worse than Beto at Everton.

I'm amazed you don't see what I see: a player struggling for consistency rather than one lacking talent.

Play to his strengths by getting through balls and where he can capitalise on his game - which is playing on the shoulder of CBs.

If we had a playmaker (or even just shifting McNeil inside) you'd see Beto's game come on in leaps and bounds.

Trust me.
I just don like his boots - they seem to look like donkey hooves ..? :D

and if it didn’t work?

we don’t get goals coz we’ve sold lewin?

we’re down
It has already been said that Dominic could have hampered the club further by just staying for another 12 months and walking away leaving Everton getting nothing and Dominic getting a much better contract than he will get off Newcastle now. I want him to stay and so do Everton but it is now up to Dominic what happens in the next couple of weeks, whatever happens I thank Dominic for his time here and the profit we will make on him, which helps the club, and wish him well with his future career.

Before anyone panics too hard.

He scored one more league goal than Neal Maupay this season, and from what I recall it was booted in off of him by the Burnley keeper.

Plenty of reasons to celebrate.

1: It's not 'exciting' to watch DCL. Sure, not knowing if he'll score a tap in could be classed as exciting but we need a younger more clinical player with a bit of pace.

2: His injury record means that at any time he could breakdown. 12months ago we'd have probably taken £15mil for him.

3: Goals. We need goals. DCL doesnt provide any more goals than most premier league teams backups would

4: All cash from Newcastle. If theyre buying him it should be cash up front. However, with PSR they will need a counterbalance sale.

5: Minteh would be the profile of player weve missed since Kanchelskis left. Rapid, direct and an eye for goal. Gives us another young high potential player that adds value on the balance sheet.

If Newcastle have PSR issues and need to balance those books then have to hope the deal is done next week and it sees us bring in Minteh.

this season he has played 38 in games league and cup,that’s 2 games more than the previous 2 seasons combined, it wouldn’t be much use to us if he gets a reoccurrence of the injuries that seen him on the sidelines for them 2 seasons I’d rather the Geordie’s took him and we took our chances with a new striker

100% and there seem to be plenty around in Europe these days that fit a profile we should be looking at.

Beto missed a pen .... DCL puts those away at least ....
To be fair Joey, Beto came fresh off his shift from KFC. There is a good chance he isn’t the finished product yet. Physically he has what it takes. Let’s see how he does with a full offseason and a revamped squad. We seem to be doing good business so far.

It has already been said that Dominic could have hampered the club further by just staying for another 12 months and walking away leaving Everton getting nothing and Dominic getting a much better contract than he will get off Newcastle now. I want him to stay and so do Everton but it is now up to Dominic what happens in the next couple of weeks, whatever happens I thank Dominic for his time here and the profit we will make on him, which helps the club, and wish him well with his future career.

I dont think he will want to run down his contract.

In his mind he'll know any injury which he picks up would lower his value. Anything longer term and he could find a contract hard to come by.

A Newcastle move is a step up for him and a change of pace. Probably a good idea with a young family to settle somewhere quickly.

The reality remains that we have to sell , and nobody is buying the likes of Keane , Holgate , Patterson etc any time soon for decent money. So it needs to a first team starter. Logic has : 1 DCL, 2 Onana , 3 Branthwaite as our preferred order to sell. It’s a shame, as with an injury free preseason I think he could get back to his old scoring rate, but then we’d lose him for free at the end of the season . A bit of a Catch 22, if he plays well he’d attract interest from many clubs and won’t sign a new contract, play poorly and he’d likely sign a new contract as he wouldn’t get much interest.

I dont think he will want to run down his contract.

In his mind he'll know any injury which he picks up would lower his value. Anything longer term and he could find a contract hard to come by.

A Newcastle move is a step up for him and a change of pace. Probably a good idea with a young family to settle somewhere quickly.
You're correct, DCL needs to be signing a long term deal this summer while he's relatively injury free and his value relatively high. Whether that's at Everton or elsewhere that's up to him. Another season like 21/22 or 22/23 injury wise and there will be nothing like as much on the table for him.

It's also why our only choices should be he signs or we sell: there is no chance he puts it all on the line for us next season if his future isn't secured. From both perspectives his future needs to be settled this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back