2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was getting shirty when I turned down bids. Sold him, signed Rodrigo Muniz to be provider for Beto, and strengthened at CB, CM and RB. Flogged Beto after one season, signed Zirkzee and strengthened the squad yet further. Won the League Cup, lost in the FA Cup final and qualified for the CL in my third season.

So, in short, don’t you dare ever question me again.
Honestly mate, without being rude, nobody can compete with me on footy manager.

Gave him a first team chance, stood by him through many, many injuries and early poor goalscoring form and now he's had enough and wants to bin us off for, er Newcastle. Cheers lad.

Would be nice to be a club that our best players want to actually play for.

Gave him a first team chance, stood by him through many, many injuries and early poor goalscoring form and now he's had enough and wants to bin us off for, er Newcastle. Cheers lad.

OR

After 7 long years of never truly getting accepted by the fanbase, he fancies a move away and wants to give something else a go.

We will receive a good fee for him, its not like hes demanding we release him on a free, the fee will cover every penny he has received in wages from us, whats the problem?

OR

After 7 long years of never truly getting accepted by the fanbase, he fancies a move away and wants to give something else a go.

We will receive a good fee for him, its not like hes demanding we release him on a free, the fee will cover every penny he has received in wages from us, whats the problem?
I certainly don't dispute that we have some neanderthals who give him grief but I think he has been accepted from the majority of the actual fanbase. I would have hoped that after all the club have done for him he'd want to stick around.

My post was more to lament the thought of Newcastle being a more attractive destination for one of our best players.

I certainly don't dispute that we have some neanderthals who give him grief but I think he has been accepted from the majority of the actual fanbase. I would have hoped that after all the club have done for him he'd want to stick around.

My post was more to lament the thought of Newcastle being a more attractive destination for one of our best players.
I wont criticise anybody who wants to leave this version of Everton.

Its horrid.

Heres to hoping I can change that view in a few years.

I want him to stay, but would absolutely understand if he wants to leave. At least its gonna give the muppets responsible more ammo to fire his way. Its a bummer. Very good footballer on his day, and seemingly a thoroughly decent lad on top. Ofc we gotta hound him out of the club for having the audacity to get injured or do non football related things in his off time.

Big assumption in Maupay and Godfrey being sold , especially Maupay.
It is can see clubs interest in godfrey, maupay prob be a loan
The quotes are 30-40m for this guy though and people are made up, so if he’s crap we have no replacement for DCL and would have wasted the cash. Its been happening for years, selling our best and buying less quality and we wonder why we’re fighting relegation.

I get it, if he doesn’t want to sign then let’s get some cash in now, but being happy he’s off to sign a player no one’s ever heard of for more money is stupid
Not a chance we will be in for him at that price

OR

Yeah, I mean as long as he doesnt pull a Ross Barkley theres no ill feelings, as a business both we and him moved on and hopefully both are better off

Attachments

• IMG_7556.webp
    IMG_7556.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back