2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you rather have DCL or Minteh?

I'd go for Minteh.

Wasnt long ago was it? A few weeks we were linked.

But theres a world of different forwards. If we added pace in the other main 3 attacking positions would we need a target man or a quick finisher?

Lots of options can open up if we improve the wings and Doucoure.
I definitely think Dyche would want an Adebayo type striker. He plays a system where the striker needs to hold the ball up.

What’s the craic with Ferguson at Brighton? I know he’s considered untouchable by some but if we have DCL and Onana funds?

Genuine question, why does there seem little attention around him from top clubs (or have I missed it in my Everton vacuum)
Don't buy players from Brighton. If they're any good you pay double, and if you pay a reasonable fee there's probably something wrong with them

Ha. Ok mate.

All fees from a private company are undisclosed - I gave the fees commonly accepted and from a credible source - BBC. You can dispute them and argue pennies with *checks* Sky Sports but the point is the same. We've spent a lot of money on strikers and none would start ahead of Calvert-Lewin this season. Replacing him isn't as easy as the likes of you claim it is.
Enner Valencia 4m
Tosun 39m
Sandro 10m
Rooney 25m
Richarlison 80m
Rondon 5m
Kean 50m
Maupay 20m and counting
Beto 31m and counting
Chermo 20m and counting

279m, plus Agent fees
We have spent 300m and counting attempting to buy better.

What’s the craic with Ferguson at Brighton? I know he’s considered untouchable by some but if we have DCL and Onana funds?

Genuine question, why does there seem little attention around him from top clubs (or have I missed it in my Everton vacuum)

Funnily enough I was thinking about him this morning.

DCL funds (if were not leveraging on PSR) would be tied up with Minteh if we hopefully get him.

If we do & Godfrey is sold and a RB signed...

Any fee for Onana would also need to bring in 1 or 2 CMs + 1 CB + 1ACM. Otherwise we will be thin in those areas.

Been injured and didn't do so well so hype died down a little. He'd be ludicrously expensive though.

I think Joao Pedro & Welbeck seem to have overtaken him?

If we sold Beto & Maupay then I think we'll be able to 'gamble' a bit with the stadium commercial revenue bringing in enough to cover ongoing payments for Ferguson.

Hard to guess what they may want. We dont know how they see him compared with what they could do with the money.

I'd guess a £60mil fee may be accepted. £20mil down and the other £40mil paid over the next 5 seasons with the stadium covering the payments?

Potentially a superstar.

Ha. Ok mate.

All fees from a private company are undisclosed - I gave the fees commonly accepted and from a credible source - BBC. You can dispute them and argue pennies with *checks* Sky Sports but the point is the same. We've spent a lot of money on strikers and none would start ahead of Calvert-Lewin this season. Replacing him isn't as easy as the likes of you claim it is.

Has Thelwell 'tried' to replace him?

Maupay: Bobble said it was Kenwright/Lampard who wanted premier league experience -- not a Thelwell pick.

Beto: Always signed with zero down (no teams willingly sell their best CF to a team putting no money down) and with a need to cover for DCL in case of an injury.

Chermiti: Signed as a development player.

I dont believe the BBC numbers are close, they had Tosun down in the wrong currency and millions higher than every other site.

Based on my figures of £12mil Maupay rising to £15mil (I think these figures are also lower), £10mil Chermiti rising to £13mil and Beto at £22mil rising to approx £25mil the total is £44mil++

Is that really alot of money for 3 centre forwards?

To bring in an instant fix to replace DCL the options will be:

1: Stopgap
2: Foreign player
3: Young player perhaps at a team who need to sell possibly with a buyout clause.

Jonathan David 1 year left
Maximillian Beier £25mil buyout clause
Joshua Zirkzee £33mil buyout clause
Evan Ferguson (mentioned above)
Elye wahi (linked before)
Santiago Gimenez (In Holland)
El Bilal Toure (replaced while injured)

Those are just off the top of my head. All players that could come in and likely be superior to DCL or offer an alternative way to play.

I dont see it as dcl leaving and we get minteh is not a swap deal because different positions. Dcl staying will not change thay the club still needs another two wingers, if ndyiaye comes in that is also not a replacement for dcl.

Money wise & PSR wise (over the contract) its probably going to be X out and X in terms of real money...the same.

I think we'll see 100% cash upfront from Newcastle and we'll pay on the drip.

I'd leverage on the instant cash benefit and try and sell Maupay, Godfrey & Beto to add to the pot.

We'll need to make the money work across a few positions but if we take the short term risk then with the commercial increases next year we should cover it easily.

I definitely think Dyche would want an Adebayo type striker. He plays a system where the striker needs to hold the ball up.

Has he played this way with us and Burnley as its the only way he knows to play? Or out of necessity?

For discussions sake, if we got lightening fast Minteh on the right & signed Amad Diallo for the Doucoure role plus Summerville on the left. Would he still want a target man up top or a rapid finisher?

Im not sure.

Money wise & PSR wise (over the contract) its probably going to be X out and X in terms of real money...the same.

I think we'll see 100% cash upfront from Newcastle and we'll pay on the drip.

I'd leverage on the instant cash benefit and try and sell Maupay, Godfrey & Beto to add to the pot.

We'll need to make the money work across a few positions but if we take the short term risk then with the commercial increases next year we should cover it easily.

Has he played this way with us and Burnley as its the only way he knows to play? Or out of necessity?

For discussions sake, if we got lightening fast Minteh on the right & signed Amad Diallo for the Doucoure role plus Summerville on the left. Would he still want a target man up top or a rapid finisher?

Im not sure.
Maybe but whatever happens dcl leaves we need another cf, he stays we still need another rm and and a lm. Is going to be a big week with psr sales this week, but maybe the sale of onana early we can sign a winger and more then with maaupay godfrey Going out gives us more room to bring in a cb ect

Maybe but whatever happens dcl leaves we need another cf, he stays we still need another rm and and a lm. Is going to be a big week with psr sales this week, but maybe the sale of onana early we can sign a winger and more then with maaupay godfrey Going out gives us more room to bring in a cb ect
Big assumption in Maupay and Godfrey being sold , especially Maupay.

Why are people happy getting rid of DCL and signing a guy called Minteh who they never heard of until yesterday. Unbelievable, let’s just keep selling our best players and overspending it on no marks ffs

Well he’s out of contract in 12 months. The prudent thing is to sell. And surely young prospects are a good thing. He isn’t a direct replacement.

The quotes are 30-40m for this guy though and people are made up, so if he’s crap we have no replacement for DCL and would have wasted the cash. Its been happening for years, selling our best and buying less quality and we wonder why we’re fighting relegation.

I get it, if he doesn’t want to sign then let’s get some cash in now, but being happy he’s off to sign a player no one’s ever heard of for more money is stupid

^ Keep in mind @dixiesdisciple , this individual wrote off Harry Kane in the early days. xx

I dont care what anybody says, Harry Kane was horrific in 2013/4.

Players can and do improve.

I havent passed judgement on the boy Ferguson tho for the record, his career has certainly stalled when Danny Welbeck gets games ahead of him, but hes still only 20 years old.

But some people just know ball.

dze.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back