2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dom was only talking the other week about leaving a legacy aand getting up the scoring charts. Didnt sound like someone wanting to leave. Since then the prospective takeover has arised making the club more attractive. Hope he stays myself and we can get people who can actually cross a ball!

Well if we assume he wants to stay he must be trying to squeeze as much cash out of us as is possible. How much should a 7 to 10 goal a season striker be getting these days? We`ve been over paying players for far too long now, it`s time we took a different approach, you can have 100k per month Dom but your getting 50k plus another 50k if you reach certain targets. Don`t like it we`ll accept a good offer for you.
Yeh, cos everyone negotiates low contracts because some fans don’t understand their worth

It’s big business, contracts take time.

We have no idea what’s going on, people need to stop using idle gossip as a reason to turn against our own players

Dom was only talking the other week about leaving a legacy aand getting up the scoring charts. Didnt sound like someone wanting to leave. Since then the prospective takeover has arised making the club more attractive. Hope he stays myself and we can get people who can actually cross a ball!
Last player we had with a killer cross was Lucas Digne. I know James Rodriguez was also here but don't believe he was as effective or included in how we play as much as Digne was

Well if we assume he wants to stay he must be trying to squeeze as much cash out of us as is possible. How much should a 7 to 10 goal a season striker be getting these days? We`ve been over paying players for far too long now, it`s time we took a different approach, you can have 100k per month Dom but your getting 50k plus another 50k if you reach certain targets. Don`t like it we`ll accept a good offer for you.
Yeh, cos everyone negotiates low contracts because some fans don’t understand their worth

It’s big business, it takes time

We have no idea what’s going on, people need to stop using idle gossip as a reasoto turn against our own players

Hope Dom stays for many more seasons to come. He tops the charts for aeriel duels and is wonderful in linking up with other forward players like no other. We can't expect him to win the first AND second balls. I think he needs someone like Cahill to play alongside to really pump out the numbers we expect.

Hate to see him leave next year for nowt but would like him to go now for a decent fee.
I can't see the club letting an asset like Dom just walk out the door. If he dosent go this week then I'd keep him untill January. At least get another half season out of him. No doubt he'd be trying to showcase himself for a big move, so he might have a good season (if he can stay fit).

Just watched his Derby goal and him running off holding the badge to me is quite telling. I fancy he prob wants to stay and be the highest paid player at the club. But biding his time due to takeover, signings etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.