2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Don't Strikers, do you ? he's not even Scottish either - Personally I think he will leave .....
Not a moment too soon.

Get two strikers in wo can hand is 12 goals each.

I'll tell you this right now: if he is sold had way through next season those whoop champion him will be saying "How on earth did I think he was good enough for us?".

Not a moment too soon.

I'll tell you this right now: if he is sold had way through next season those whoop champion him will be saying "How on earth did I think he was good enough for us?".
WTF is going on here Dave? Having read your post three times now, I have to ask... did @matty1878 take over your account :D

Seriously though, getting two strikers in that will give us 12 goals each, isn't an easy task. Our striker recruitment has been poor over the past few seasons.

Not a moment too soon.

If fit - he is first class ... he will do well in a good team IMO ....if fit...

he would do a better job than Harry Kane for England half fit ATM .....

I imagine Dyche would do well with a slippery pacy counter attacking striker as opposed to a target man. We did like to take lots of shots (particularly early in the season). I don’t think we really have the pace out wide or at fullback to take advantage of Dom’s height in the box.

I imagine Dyche would do well with a slippery pacy counter attacking striker as opposed to a target man. We did like to take lots of shots (particularly early in the season). I don’t think we really have the pace out wide or at fullback to take advantage of Dom’s height in the box.
WE have neither the pace out wide or at fullback - agree fully. But if our target-man DCL goes who will pickford and Tarkowski lump it up to? Unfortunately THAT is how we play.

WTF is going on here Dave? Having read your post three times now, I have to ask... did @matty1878 take over your account :D

Seriously though, getting two strikers in that will give us 12 goals each, isn't an easy task. Our striker recruitment has been poor over the past few seasons.

Yes, but sticking with DCL guarantees us we'll have few goals.

Ndiaye plus Beto plus another striker in maybe will hand us a great chance to help us score more than 35-45 goals.

Yes, but sticking with DCL guarantees us we'll have few goals.

Ndiaye plus Beto plus another striker in maybe will hand us a great chance to help us score more than 35-45 goals.
I see where you're coming from Dave, but I feel that holding onto DC-L, and bringing in a competent forward to work upfront with him, may be a better option for us. It's not just about goals with Calvert-Lewin, he does a lot of the heavy lifting and gets actively involved in other areas when he plays. He can create space and opportunities for a decent striking partner. That's just my opinion, of course. The main issue, as I see it, would be Dominic Calvert-Lewins' fitness, injury-wise.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.