2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it changes the needle much, but he had a couple of goals that should really of stood chalked off and didn't Harrison get given a goal that either deflected off him or he made a final touch when it was already going in. Add those to if he had been on the pitch to take the pen that Beto missed, the figures start to look more what we would expect from him.

It was a strange season, out to start with, comes back firing (as a sub) then struggled for a large chunk of the season, then ended it quite strongly (more performance wise than goals granted).

Dom could stay and get 15 goals easily, he could also pick up an injury and play less than 5 games all season. This is the conundrum.
That's all "ifs buts maybes", we have to deal in reality. Everton fans will say some goals were legit, opposition fans will say they were rightly ruled out. We'll never know if he'd have scored the Beto pen, just as we'll never know if Beto would have scored half the chances DCL missed when he was in the team every week. Maybe the lad who hasn't scored 15 goals for four season will get 15 next season, maybe he'll get 5, who knows. I'm not hanging my hat on it.

Who are the pundits and managers you speak of?

What all round game? On his day he is a handful, his day isn't very often and can probably count on both hands What games he's been on form in the last 3 and a half years.

No one is denying he's a good player when he's on it, but the issue is and i cannot stress this enough, for the large part of these last few years even when "fit" he's been absolute muck, and if it wasn't for the little mini revival at the end of last season it would have been down as arguably his worst performance wise
Well he's been first choice when fit for 5 years, so all the Everton managers (too many to name).

If he stays, fine. If he goes, fine, but he needs to be replaced. His potential replacement for 24-25 isn't in the current squad.

They really dont. If Everton are playing and there is a discussion about the team its Everton need to keep calvert lewin fit because they basically have nobody else. Even i wouldnt argue with that.
The inability of the clubs recruitment dictates that.
Endorsed by Paul "the expert" Merson and that woman with the purple hair. Case closed.

Attachments

• IMG_0506.webp
    IMG_0506.webp
    34 KB · Views: 6

James was the main reason Dom scored and unfortunately he’s not had that service since !!
I don't think you can overlook or dismiss the affect of empty stadiums in that era. It's not a coincedence his best goal returns came when there weren't 40,000 fans on his back everytime he didn't score. Some players need the pressure of crowd to thrive, others can be adversely affected by it.

I don't think you can overlook or dismiss the affect of empty stadiums in that era. It's not a coincedence his best goal returns came when there weren't 40,000 fans on his back everytime he didn't score. Some players need the pressure of crowd to thrive, others can be adversely affected by it.

So let’s sell him if he can’t handle a full stadium?

I'll be brutally honest here, mate. I'm going to listen to every manager he's played under that has had him starting every game and every pundit I have heard all of whom praise him, before you on this one.

None have praised him. they just cant say anything bad because we dont have any other options.

Speaks volumes no other team has ever bid for him

None have praised him. they just cant say anything bad because we dont have any other options.

Speaks volumes no other team has ever bid for him
All managers have played -fact

Comentators/pundits praise him - fact

We are going around in circles about clear facts

You dont like him, that is cool, the truth is still the truth, though

Also, Newcastle were literally just in for him.

Still, if he goes he goes, if he stays he stays

Probably best he finds a team where he doesn’t get so much pressure as the main striker with his injury issues.

I don’t think that’s here, he’s extremely important to how we play though so would need a player like replacement without injury issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back