2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club has stuck by him throughout everything, even when he's not looked arsed. To turn around and want to leave after seemingly fixing his injuries too is another one. This isn't even about moving jobs but if it was I wouldn't be leaving an employer who's treated me as well as Everton had treated him.
DCL signed last contract four years ago I believe. So when the injuries hit of course the club would stick with him. It’s not like there would be clubs banging on the door to buy him then. This situation happens all the time. If he goes thanks for the service, if he signs another contract and stays enough

DCL signed last contract four years ago I believe. So when the injuries hit of course the club would stick with him. It’s not like there would be clubs banging on the door to buy him then. This situation happens all the time. If he goes thanks for the service, if he signs another contract and stays enough

well he’s not staying now mate clearly

FWIW having seen the Athletic thing the bit about him rejecting the contact is an aside from a United journo in a much wider article, I don’t think it’s based on any fresh insight.

Clearly though the player is exploring his options and we should sell if an offer of 30 comes in.

Why? United finished last season starting 2 upfront and they've only got Hojlund in their squad as things stand. Signing the 2 would mean no more McTominay experiments.
Fair enough. I guess he would maybe see enough game time to justify the move, it’s a hefty amount to spend on strikers in the space of a year though when they’ve got issues in all departments mind you.

If he has rejected signing a new deal you are right need it sorting pretty quick , disappointed if he goes our track record on signing a centre forward is pretty poor
Would be an ideal time to get away from the current model- get a couple of pacey wingers, creativity from mf and play less direct
Not gonna happen, like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back