2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The club has stuck by him throughout everything, even when he's not looked arsed. To turn around and want to leave after seemingly fixing his injuries too is another one. This isn't even about moving jobs but if it was I wouldn't be leaving an employer who's treated me as well as Everton had treated him.
It’s worked both ways - he has benefited from the club and the club has benefited from him

Utd will probably now bid 70m but want Branthwaite and DCL.

A pity if DCL leaves but with the way UTD are operating this summer I doubt it will be there.

This has a deadline day feel about it. We can't afford to keep him but equally we can't afford to sell him for buttons.
DCL also faces the risk of another long term injury next season and good look with getting a good contract then.
At what price is it better to sell than keep for next season ?

So just to clarify, you thought they were staying forever and ever?

I never said that. I said it was going to be a painful transfer window. And it looks like being so. Ideally DCL signs a contract but if he doesnt of course we sell but we are not replacing him with better. Well we have been trying for years and got nowhere near doing so. Even worse we lose Branthwaite. To a lesser extent Onana but he would still need replacing. So add all that together that’s a painful transfer window for us.

His last chance at a big signing on fee etc. Modern footy. I liked him but hes always injured. Doesnt want to play for us. Get rid. Will look good on the books also.

With his injury record, man united would be an ideal fit , significant portion of the squad were injured for lengthy spells , doesn't have to worry about being isolated from the team if injuries occur because going from last season half of team will be sharing company with him in the physio room , such as Luke shaw

I never said that. I said it was going to be a painful transfer window. And it looks like being so. Ideally DCL signs a contract but if he doesnt of course we sell but we are not replacing him with better. Well we have been trying for years and got nowhere near doing so. Even worse we lose Branthwaite. To a lesser extent Onana but he would still need replacing. So add all that together that’s a painful transfer window for us.

It’s only “painful” if you were being completely unrealistic in the first place and expecting those players to stay.

Onana was never staying and frankly we won’t miss him either.

DCL will go and we’ll get a great price for him so that’s fine too.

Branthwaite imo will stay because United don’t appear to want to pay anywhere near the asking price for him. So for me, no, it’s not been painful and doesn’t look like being so far.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.