2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It genuinely shocks me to read so much resistance to letting DCL go. Yes, he is currently our best option up front in the current system. However, that system was completely rubbish and we had one of the worst offensive outputs in the entire league. I get the alternatives are worse, but it’s not like we were effective on the attack anyways.

Let him go and get some money for him before he leaves on a free. Time to structure our attack around someone else.

If we wants to leave for other opportunities I won't begrudge him, people feel like he owes us because we didn't throw him in the dumpster during his injury spells , it wasn't his fault , people get injured and if he can fetch us a decent price I'm all for it, especially as soon as possible if he's not going to re-sign that way we can take more time vetting his replacement

It genuinely shocks me to read so much resistance to letting DCL go. Yes, he is currently our best option up front in the current system. However, that system was completely rubbish and we had one of the worst offensive outputs in the entire league. I get the alternatives are worse, but it’s not like we were effective on the attack anyways.

Let him go and get some money for him before he leaves on a free. Time to structure our attack around someone else.
This is a good post- I really like him, but your last sentence is on the money

Take the 30m. There's no point asking United for more - they'll have to squirrel more money away for another treatment table, so fair's fair.

If DCL doesn't want to sign the new contract it's not rocket science we sell him, or he stays and goes at the end of his contract in a year. To be fair he's going to be at his peak. He'll want a club to match his ambitions, and his goal scoring prowess.

I'm puzzled why he would not want to stay at Everton given our rising presence in the league. He's going to be flanked by some great players including Beto and Maupay. We've even got a song for him Bella Ciao.

New owner on the horizon, Dyche at the helm, we might even get the top ten this coming season. What more does he want? 🤷‍♂️

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back