2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we wants to leave for other opportunities I won't begrudge him, people feel like he owes us because we didn't throw him in the dumpster during his injury spells , it wasn't his fault , people get injured and if he can fetch us a decent price I'm all for it, especially as soon as possible if he's not going to re-sign that way we can take more time vetting his replacement

Barkley does this- he's a filthy rat and never should be seen in goodison again

Dcl does this- OH GOOD LUCK MATE.

I don't mean you in this because your post is fair, but the way some people react about this fraud is genuinely concerning

Barkley deliberately tanked a medical so that Chelsea could get him cheaper 6 months later, it’s not even remotely the same
Apart from the refusing to sign a new contract but and forcing the club to sell him when he feels like the club can't do anything further for him.

What a wonderful repayment for the 100 grand a week he pockets along with the six goals a season he chips in with.

He will be missed.

Barkley deliberately tanked a medical so that Chelsea could get him cheaper 6 months later, it’s not even remotely the same
Barkley who supposedly supports us since a kid and came through our academy, literally cost us £20m in that transfer despite having agreed terms with Chelsea at that point. He also knew he would not play for us for months due to injury and would end up leaving in Jan after we rehabilitated him.

DCL isn’t a childhood blue, didn’t come through our academy, is fit and ready to go and hasn’t actually said he won’t stay or agreed terms elsewhere. He is back off his summer break and for all we know negotiating with thelwell this second.

If people can’t see the difference due to blind hatred (as some have for him) then that’s their issue.

Barkley who supposedly supports us since a kid and came through our academy, literally cost us £20m in that transfer despite having agreed terms with Chelsea at that point. He also knew he would not play for us for months due to injury and would end up leaving in Jan after we rehabilitated him.

DCL isn’t a childhood blue, didn’t come through our academy, is fit and ready to go and hasn’t actually said he won’t stay or agreed terms elsewhere. He is back off his summer break and for all we know negotiating with thelwell this second.

If people can’t see the difference due to blind hatred (as some have for him) then that’s their issue.

The Athletic have reported today that he has told the club he won’t be signing a new contract.

I don't mean you in this because your post is fair, but the way some people react about this fraud is genuinely concerning
Not quite the same (yet) though is it.
Barkley, Everton and Chelsea had a mutually acceptable deal worth £30m odd to Everton. Barkley backed out of that to sit in the physio room for 6m and get a bigger contract for himself at the expense of Everton’s fee. Had the origional deal gone through Barkley wouldn’t get ½ the stick he does.

DCL has allegedly expressed a desire to play elsewhere, the club have had months to agree a contract with him or not and now have a transfer window in which to flog him or leave him to see out his contract.
If the later narrative changes, I suspect attitudes towards him will too.

I was going to post something similar the other day, but thought better of it.

Both players were/are looking after their best interests, but one is a rat/snake and the other is a King/Prince. Very bizarre.

He'll do a job for quite a few teams. Including title challengers Arsenal if they wanted a (relatively) low cost option.

If he goes you'd imagine Big Wout would be incredibly short odds.

It's the opposite. He's come in after the summer and in the first couple of days he's told the club he's not going to extend.

It's fair to all parties, club gave him time to think it over, he has and he's told them face to face rather than a snide text and stay away.

I'd also bet if the club don't receive an offer they're happy with he'd be more than willing to play to the best of his ability.

He's a good sort.

Don’t think he will to be honest mate. Think he will regret leaving here.

DCL spent some of his prime years here paying alone upfront working off pickfords awful long passes- he deserves to play for a team that will actually play football. It is a job, he is not a blue he wants to (if true) move on.
You cannot seriously expect him to spend his career playing Dycheball? Would any of you stay and work for a crap boss when there is better on offer?

Nope.

Not quite the same (yet) though is it.
Barkley, Everton and Chelsea had a mutually acceptable deal worth £30m odd to Everton. Barkley backed out of that to sit in the physio room for 6m and get a bigger contract for himself at the expense of Everton’s fee. Had the origional deal gone through Barkley wouldn’t get ½ the stick he does.

DCL has allegedly expressed a desire to play elsewhere, the club have had months to agree a contract with him or not and now have a transfer window in which to flog him or leave him to see out his contract.
If the later narrative changes, I suspect attitudes towards him will too.

It's all hypothetical until it's a fact we know he's rejected a contract and wants to leave.

And yes if we sell DCL this summer for a fee, than happy days, I won't begrudge him

However, if he stays this year and then goes on a free purely for financial gain he's a rat just like barkley was.

Ateast barkley was a very consistent performer for us and probably deserved a move to a better team on merit

You've really convinced yourself of that havent you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.