2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ill will towards him at all. He came in as a young, unproven £2m striker and has more than held his own as a striker for us for several years. If we could get £20m for him with a year left on his deal that's a decent transfer.

He wasn't brought up an Everton fan and doesn't owe us anything. He's never bad-mouthed the club publicly and always comes across well and level-headed.

If he goes, good luck to him, and hopefully we bring in a better striker than those he will leave behind him, as they're all dog muck.

I said some. I know not all but there are definitely some who have camped in this thread all year.
Because they hate him or because they expected a better return than 14 league goals over three seasons where he picks up 100 grand a week?

For me it's the latter but you get accused of all sorts if you don't worship the ground he walks on because he can hold a ball up and run the channels.

It's all hypothetical until it's a fact we know he's rejected a contract and wants to leave.

And yes if we sell DCL this summer for a fee, than happy days, I won't begrudge him

However, if he stays this year and then goes on a free purely for financial gain he's a rat just like barkley was.

Ateast barkley was a very consistent performer for us and probably deserved a move to a better team on merit
But you are having a go at him before it’s actually happened and arguing why is one a rat and the other not when he hasn’t actually done what you are claiming yet 🙄🤦‍♂️

It's all hypothetical until it's a fact we know he's rejected a contract and wants to leave.

And yes if we sell DCL this summer for a fee, than happy days, I won't begrudge him

However, if he stays this year and then goes on a free purely for financial gain he's a rat just like barkley was.

Ateast barkley was a very consistent performer for us and probably deserved a move to a better team on merit
Inclined to agree, but the club do also have the option of keeping him and releasing him next July (or renegotiating a new one too)
Suspect if he’s saying he won’t sign one though, it will because there’s fairly solid interest and he’s likely to go this window.
I like him, his hold up play is pretty good, but he’s limited as a goal scorer imho, and far from irreplaceable.

Because they hate him or because they expected a better return than 14 league goals over three seasons where he picks up 100 grand a week?

For me it's the latter but you get accused of all sorts if you don't worship the ground he walks on because he can hold a ball up and run the channels.
There’s both, let’s not pretend otherwise. And I meant the ones who just hate him. I understand frustration around him not scoring.

But you are having a go at him before it’s actually happened and arguing why is one a rat and the other not when he hasn’t actually done what you are claiming yet 🙄🤦‍♂️
Hence why I used words like IF and HYPOTHETICALLY.

But, going of numerous sources, it does look likely that he wants to go ( which is fine ) but it's how he wants to go that bugs me, if he goes for a fee, good luck feller, if he winds his contract down than he's a massive dog.

I’m very intrigued to see who will pay £30m for Dom.

I’ve absolutely no idea what Utd plan to do with him. All their recent strikers are very mobile and capable of dribbling with the ball, Rashford, Greenwood (when at the club), Højlund and Garnacho. Dom doesn’t seem to fit the mould, he’s much less mobile.

The Athletic have reported today that he has told the club he won’t be signing a new contract.
Not sure that’s the case. It was an aside in a much wider article the aggregators have made the headline as they usually do. But I’m not sure it had any real substance to it. Think he’s still keeping all options including staying open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back