2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a generalisation. I didn’t mean in every single game. There were spells when he was poor, which will obviously track across several games at different times.

But on the whole, his all round game was fine, more often than not. Whereas others are suggesting for most/a lot of the season his all round game was very poor. It wasn’t in my view.

We obviously need more from him.
Maybe it depends what you're using as a benchmark. I suppose what I'm getting it is I think he's quite limited as a player in general so he's very good at certain things but doesn't offer much outside of that even at his best but when he's not even doing those things well he becomes a poor all round player. I think rather than him doing well and people being blinded by him not scoring goals it was virtually the opposite and he wasn't doing well but people were blinded by how bad Beto was when asked to do the same things and it made him look like he was doing a lot better than he actually was. I like Dom and I think he is useful for us especially with how we play but I struggle to care about him leaving I just don't think he's good enough to really bother about myself.

Maybe it depends what you're using as a benchmark. I suppose what I'm getting it is I think he's quite limited as a player in general so he's very good at certain things but doesn't offer much outside of that even at his best but when he's not even doing those things well he becomes a poor all round player. I think rather than him doing well and people being blinded by him not scoring goals it was virtually the opposite and he wasn't doing well but people were blinded by how bad Beto was when asked to do the same things and it made him look like he was doing a lot better than he actually was. I like Dom and I think he is useful for us especially with how we play but I struggle to care about him leaving I just don't think he's good enough to really bother about myself.
Fair enough, different views and all that

….West Ham links, not sure he’d see that as a big step-up.
No not a big step up but based on the last 3 seasons a step up in terms of team performance and a fresh start in a new city ( if that's what he's looking for) .

Funnily enough I speculated yesterday in answer to one of the many Zat posts that Wham was probably the best team he could go to where he would be a starter.

Probably best for everyone if he moves on now but the deal needs to be done quickly.

No not a big step up but based on the last 3 seasons a step up in terms of team performance and a fresh start in a new city ( if that's what he's looking for) .

Funnily enough I speculated yesterday in answer to one of the many Zat posts that Wham was probably the best team he could go to where he would be a starter.

Probably best for everyone if he moves on now but the deal needs to be done quickly.
In terms of team performance I reckon it's about to change
As we found out, you don't know what you've got till it's gone when it comes to Moyes

Oh yeah, there were some games when he was really poor. Which is hardly a shock for any player though.

But more often than not, his all round game was fine. The whole team was poor for a large period, certainly in transitioning forward. And as a lone striker having long balls pelted to you, if the rest of the team is out of sync/playing poorly, then you are going to struggle as well.

Someone pointed out him not having assists etc, but after he wins the ball from a long punt, what pace is there running past him? Harrison? McNeil?
I said 3/4 yrs ago
The seasons he got 13 and 16 goals and he had richarlison, James, gylfi etc I think he got one assist over them 2 seasons, he also never scores from outside the box.
He’s got some good points to his game, but also some very average ones

….West Ham links, not sure he’d see that as a big step-up.

Probably not, but...it's London isn't it? Perhaps the lure of the fashion scene may well be attractive to him and his fiance.

Maybe the allure of a new challenge and London if no one else comes in for him

Loads of boutique edgy fashion stores as well.

He's moving due to SSS ;)

I've cracked the code...been thinking for a week why he would want to move and where ? Whats the motivation?

@jazzy nailed it but i suspect not for the logical reasons.

It's because of SSS, soulless, silent, stadium :p

With his 16 goal covid season without fans, where best to replicate that form? Why, in the same quiet that may be found at West Ham.

You have to hand it to him, pure genius...

Such a sad state of affairs when west ham and villa are considered a better option than us.

This is on bill kenwright. The greedy ego maniac who wouldn’t give up control no matter what.

We’re living with relegation after relegation threatened seasons because of that enormous fat toad and his inflated self importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back