2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says we’re going to battling relegation in 5 years time? New ownership, new stadium, PSR-positive.
Fingers crossed mate, but even if you look shorter term - 2 years (in his mind) banging in goals for WHU with Paqueta, Kudus etc feeding him (plus London life) is better than 2 years feeding on scraps playing Dycheball. That’ll take him to almost 30 and might get him his last, big payday.

Bottom line, at his stage of career, I actually do think WHU will represent a step up, as much as it hurts to say.

Honestly let him go to west ham if we can scout correctly can a better striker in to replace him. Or mutliple players who can, better players have left the club is but rubbish to be selling players to clubs i see us to be similar to but hopefully everton is on the same path now and we can get back to catch them up

Honestly let him go to west ham if we can scout correctly can a better striker in to replace him. Or mutliple players who can, better players have left the club is but rubbish to be selling players to clubs i see us to be similar to but hopefully everton is on the same path now and we can get back to catch them up
Yeah Lukaku did and we bought multiple players to replace the goals

Fingers crossed mate, but even if you look shorter term - 2 years (in his mind) banging in goals for WHU with Paqueta, Kudus etc feeding him (plus London life) is better than 2 years feeding on scraps playing Dycheball. That’ll take him to almost 30 and might get him his last, big payday.

Bottom line, at his stage of career, I actually do think WHU will represent a step up, as much as it hurts to say.
With everything you say West Ham finished 4 points ahead of us . Definitely isn’t a step up
Sideways at best. And I’m no dyche fan and hope we get a better one soon.
Will paqueta even be playing for West Ham next season.

Such a sad state of affairs when west ham and villa are considered a better option than us.

This is on bill kenwright. The greedy ego maniac who wouldn’t give up control no matter what.

We’re living with relegation after relegation threatened seasons because of that enormous fat toad and his inflated self importance.

Villa have always been a similar sized club to us. Honours are very even and they have a European Cup to boast about.

The sad part is they were in the championship not too long ago and have now surpassed us with ease with a clever appointment whilst we have been going backwards ever since they come back up. They were relegation candidates under Gerrard though so just shows what a few years can do.

Villa have always been a similar sized club to us. Honours are very even and they have a European Cup to boast about.

The sad part is they were in the championship not too long ago and have now surpassed us with ease with a clever appointment whilst we have been going backwards ever since they come back up. They were relegation candidates under Gerrard though so just shows what a few years can do.
What Villa shows is that their player recruitment was decent, it was the managerial appointment that was poor. It has either been the reverse for us or a mix of both players and managers being poor. Get your player recruitment right, it’s easier to change the manager if not going right.

They managed to get (and possibly take a bit of a risk in that sense) a proper manager when they looked in bother in 16th place, rather than panicking and working down a list that had Allardyce somewhere on it. Brave masterstroke really. And the manager fully confident in his ability to win his way out of trouble.

Most major issue with this nonsense statement (use of Dycheball is always a giveaway) is that Everton were 13th in chances created and West Ham were 19th. Big chances created, Everton 11th, West Ham 15th.
True we had the most long balls per game at 64 but the top 13 teams, for long balls, had 50 or more. 13th being Liverpool. West Ham had 56 per game.

I certainly would not rule out a new contract being signed by DCL at Everton yet.

We have seen that he didn't jump at the move to Newcastle although that may not be completely gone until Newcastle sign a striker, he was linked with Utd but that is now gone.
He is currently being linked with West Ham but that is no more than a sideways move. The main selling point there would be living in London.

I certainly would not rule out a new contract being signed by DCL at Everton yet.

We have seen that he didn't jump at the move to Newcastle although that may not be completely gone until Newcastle sign a striker, he was linked with Utd but that is now gone.
He is currently being linked with West Ham but that is no more than a sideways move. The main selling point there would be living in London.

I think once he realises his wage demands are being laughed at by every other club in the world he may well sign that very generous contract on the table.

I get the comparison to us and villa, history,
Trophies etc. but it does wind me up a bit when you see people saying villa are bigger than us based on a European cup, They won the majority of their trophies a 100yrs ago. 1 league title in 100yrs and that was fluke in 81, Liverpool had a poor season and Ipswich threw the league away. Villa finished 9th the following year, same the European cup in 82. 2nd best v Bayern in the final and a young keeper had the game of his life. Haven’t won an FA cup since the 50’s

Add into to a number of relegations over the 70yrs Everton have been ever present, us been banned from Europe as champions twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back