2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is an important player for us so that isn't surprising if we're replacing him with Maupay or Danjuma like we were in the games early last season then we'll be in big trouble but if we're replacing him properly its a different argument altogether.

Big thing for me is what role Chermiti will have and how highly regarded he is now.

Only time will let us know that of course, but will be interesting to see him this season for sure.

A lot more potentially to be lost too. Especially given we would get £3m per place higher in the league at the end of the year.
But what you're saying just puts the problem off for a year and means we end up with less money to replace him with so it doesn't change the end game at all it only delays it slightly.

But what you're saying just puts the problem off for a year and means we end up with less money to replace him with so it doesn't change the end game at all it only delays it slightly.

DCLs importance to the team largely depends on if we intend to essentially play the exact same way with zero real difference in personnel.

Given what dealing we are doing it looks like we are trying to bring in a genuine number 10 to play as the link (rather than Doucoure who frankly is terrible as a link up player) if the system then means whoever is in that role is the focal point (Ndiaye, Lindstrom etc) then the necessity for DCL lessons a lot.

Then it becomes which cf links up better with a genuine couple of attacking mids etc...

We should have a new owner in 12 months. We will have the new stadium making money at that time.

There is a price to sell him for but £15m is much too low. £25m would do it

We should have a new owner in 12 months. We will have the new stadium making money at that time.

There is a price to sell him for but £15m is much too low. £25m would do it
The new stadium isnt going to start making us money for a long time mate and I wouldn't bet on there being a new owner at this point especially not a good one!

Well hopefully we ll be in a better position this time next year. No brainer for me to keep him. I ve said for years that our delivery from out wide in open play and otherwise is shocking. No wonder we have such poor stats in converting so called chances. People who say Dom is poor one on one forget to say that there were probably TWO! I would be extremely sceptical in trusting this club to adequately replace him. He has lots of qualities for me. He s quick, has a good touch, great in the air, strong defencively at set pieces and he s as brave as they come. For balance i ll highlight his finish at West Ham last season. A great touch and turn with a great finish. Its all about opinions chaps.

He is an important player for us so that isn't surprising if we're replacing him with Maupay or Danjuma like we were in the games early last season then we'll be in big trouble but if we're replacing him properly its a different argument altogether.

Are we going to get the funds to replace him properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back