2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's running down his contract to get a huge free agent offer then he's gona have to have a hell of a season coming up as no club is going to throw money at a 8 goals in open play in 3 years forward. Free agent or not. I'd take that even if it means he's playing for a move.
Unless of course Europes top clubs are all just waiting to pounce in the next few weeks.

To some degree this is true, especially for poor strikers. Quality strikers doesnt rely on their teammates to put it on a plate for them in the same way, they create situations out of nothing. Hence their high demand and price-tag.
We could do with improving both "the service" and our CF tbh.
‘We’!
‘Our’!
You’re an outed liverpool fan mate.

Why you got this weird obsession with our non goal scoring forward?

IMG_4545.webp

This is possibly the oddest behaviour
on this forum which given some of the insanity I’ve read over the last few weeks, takes some doing.

If he stays he's a judas, betraying the club by leaving on a free next summer.

If he leaves he's a judas, betraying the club by wanting to move.

The life of Dom.
Or sign a new contract with the club there's supported you through so many injuries.

Ultimately he's a 10-11 goal striker based on a full season and taking pens and shows how far we've fallen from the past ...

Rather go with Beto and Chermiti

….for 8 years PL service. Probably reasonable in comparison to others but I suppose he’s had a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
Rarely do you see the argument in keeping a cf as he suits our style of play , especially when the cf is awful at scoring, look at his expected goals etc shows clearly he's a s crap finisher

I don’t know where I stand with DCL, leaning towards it’s his time to move on. He doesn’t offer the goals we need, but he has aspects to his game that are vital to the way Dyche wants to play. Ultimately in his position the goal stat is very important though

If he's running down his contract to get a huge free agent offer then he's gona have to have a hell of a season coming up as no club is going to throw money at a 8 goals in open play in 3 years forward. Free agent or not. I'd take that even if it means he's playing for a move.
Unless of course Europes top clubs are all just waiting to pounce in the next few weeks.
For perspective, 4 year deal for £25m would equate to £120k per week.
When you consider what we’ve paid for strikers in transfer fees alone during his time (from Niasse to Beto or Maupey), I don’t think it’s inconceivable several teams would see that as decent value for a free agent, even with his current return.
Throw in they could sell him for min of £10m after a season or so, and your getting a proven prem striker for £6.2m p/a on your PSR figures it becomes very attractive financially and relatively low risk.

For perspective, 4 year deal for £25m would equate to £120k per week.
When you consider what we’ve paid for strikers in transfer fees alone during his time (from Niasse to Beto or Maupey), I don’t think it’s inconceivable several teams would see that as decent value for a free agent, even with his current return.
Throw in they could sell him for min of £10m after a season or so, and your getting a proven prem striker for £6.2m p/a on your PSR figures it becomes very attractive financially and relatively low risk.

All thats true but 120k a week is still a lot of money for someone you might not even get on the pitch coz of injuries. Clubs will think twice. A lot depends on this season coming.

Don’t see the point in selling for £15m. Why take a risk like that. No way we get relegated with him playing - easily could without him.
or could easily get him injured long term , play 10 games score 2 and leave for nothing costing us 100k or more a week

I don’t know where I stand with DCL, leaning towards it’s his time to move on. He doesn’t offer the goals we need, but he has aspects to his game that are vital to the way Dyche wants to play. Ultimately in his position the goal stat is very important though
With our midfield of past & two of the slowest wingers in the Prem - DCL has had to rely on Hoof ball - not many CF could do what he does holding that ball up on his own ....

If he can keep fit - he will thrive in another team - fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back