2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
\Or if fit with 2 decent wingers score a bag full of goals ... all ifs & buts ....
Agreed but at the end of the season he goes for nothing and we have to pay 25million upwards to replace going over the last 3-4 years id rather take 15million than let him walk for nothing i presume if he doesn't sign and doesn't score the fans will turn on him its invertible dont get me wrong id like him to stay

Agreed but at the end of the season he goes for nothing and we have to pay 25million upwards to replace going over the last 3-4 years id rather take 15million than let him walk for nothing i presume if he doesn't sign and doesn't score the fans will turn on him its invertible dont get me wrong id like him to stay
No one will meet his pay demands - I admit with his injury record no club will pay them .... plus I read we want £35 million for him too.... signing Broja would be a huge error too ....

If he won't sign his new deal, he will have to go in the January transfer window .....

6 or 7m might not balance up to the cost of relegation if we're hovering around there.
You also need a buyer to sell. If he's been crap until jan good luck with that one.

Players like Dobbin go for £10m. You want to sell your star striker for £5m more. We got £20m+ for Iwobi with 12 months left

If he won't sign his new deal, he will have to go in the January transfer window .....
If he isn't sold in this window I think he will be kept until the end of the season.

We will not get a big fee in January with only a few months left on his contract, nor would we be able to sign a decent centre forward at an affordable price in that window.

If a new contract isn't signed then I could a sale happening in the final days of the window when clubs need to sign players and time is running out.

Players like Dobbin go for £10m. You want to sell your star striker for £5m more. We got £20m+ for Iwobi with 12 months left
With Dobbin there is potential there to become a real good player, where with DCL he could turn out to be good but has shown he is just as likely to get injured often and go 20 games without scoring when fit.

I would love to get 40m for him that’s not/never going to happen I’m saying I’d rather take 15-20m than let him walk for nothing as I said I’d like him to stay as we look a better side and who knows with a better supply he may get double figures next season but not if he’s not signing even a years extension to his contract we have to bring money even as little as 15m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back