2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
For perspective, 4 year deal for £25m would equate to £120k per week.
When you consider what we’ve paid for strikers in transfer fees alone during his time (from Niasse to Beto or Maupey), I don’t think it’s inconceivable several teams would see that as decent value for a free agent, even with his current return.
Throw in they could sell him for min of £10m after a season or so, and your getting a proven prem striker for £6.2m p/a on your PSR figures it becomes very attractive financially and relatively low risk.

If DCL has another major injury then no club will be able to give him away.

All thats true but 120k a week is still a lot of money for someone you might not even get on the pitch coz of injuries. Clubs will think twice. A lot depends on this season coming.

If i was his agent id be asking Everton for a new contract with a payrise and a release clause of £30-35mil.

I'd take 20 million. If improvements are made in the attacking midfield department, then they (midfield) ought to weigh in with a dozen more goals this season. Then I'd use beto or chermiti up top, with maupay if we are desperate.
If we sell beto or maupay then we should be able to buy a half decent striker with the proceeds of that sale and dcl's

Suspect he's pricing himself out of the move more than the club doing it. Don't think he's the valuable asset him and his advisers think he is.
The club are valuing him at £35m.

The Newcastle deal not getting done has been pinned on Dom. It wasn't just him (his agent).

Everton wouldn't budge on their valuation of him. Newcastle didn't budge on their valuation of Minteh.

The club are valuing him at £35m.

The Newcastle deal not getting done has been pinned on Dom. It wasn't just him (his agent).

Everton wouldn't budge on their valuation of him. Newcastle didn't budge on their valuation of Minteh.
I'm not sure, I've seen quite a few pieces say his wage demands are an issue, maybe it's a bit of both. I'm not sure clubs would even want to match our own offer if we're offering to make him among our highest paid. Bearing in mind that at most "bigger" clubs he might move to he won't be an automatic starter, clubs will not be falling over each other to offer a huge wage on a long contract for a backup striker who has missed very significant chunks of football in recent years.

You're right though, if we're asking 35m that too is an issue, my feeling though is that if DCL agreed terms with a club we would accept a good chunk less than that to get it over with and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.