2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't move all three on purely due to knowing how bad we are at filling that spot in the club mate

Can argue that both the Maupay deal and the Beto one were made exactly due to us being under pressure to 'bring in a striker', not sure I'd fancy our chances of having to bring in basically two in a few weeks and to get anything remotely decent.

Maupay is gone, no chance he features at all for us, similarly Beto you feel will get moved on back to Italy to try to break even on the deal or as near as we can.

Makes keeping DCL imperative then - if he signs then all good, if he doesn't then not sure what the club's approach will be.

Feel that we rate Chermitis progress and plan for him to play a lot more this season (bit doubt they want him as the only option unless they're mental)

Biggest issue with that ofc is the old DCL fitness thing though...

Maupay is gone as you say.

DCL is asking insane money and is high risk due to his injuries.

Beto may come good this season but if he doesnt then we'll struggle to get close to his fee.

Its less risky to move them on. Also Thelwell has never had a decent budget to use on a starting CF.

That's the main thing with DCL, often people go on about him being isolated, no service etc, but if you look at the stats, he gets a very good number of 'good chances' he's just got an appalling expected goals rate. As do we as a team.

On XgPG we were by a country mile the worst outlier in the league, it's not even funny how bad we were

To give an example we sat at 20.75 less the nearest to us was Bournemouth at 9 less.

As an interesting point DCL, Beto and Doucoure where out and out the standout players responsible for those numbers btw, coming in at respectively 7, 3 and 4 under what they should have converted.

Creating chances wasn't our issue, neither was creating clear chances, it was having players being able to finish that killed us last season.

Each game he plays is so predictable and no matter what he wont shoot unless close to goal and 1v1 with the keeper i expect him to miss.

He'd have scored that if Ancelotti was manager. Rodriguez was playing. Digne was left back. An empty stadium.
Oh and no goalkeeper.

Plus the wind...never forget the wind :)

We need to identify the next Viktor Gyökeres, we were absolutely bang on the money when we went in for him. He’s exactly what we need to be looking for.

Unfortunately, I don’t know who buys Dom.

I went through a spell where I couldn’t put a shot on target. It was absolutely in my head and I would get anxious every time I shot.

That miss reminded me of that. The man is in his own head. Needs to get it sorted in preseason.

If you can get 20 million or above for him bite their hand off. There hasn't been many goals in this fella for 3 seasons now. Scored about 14 pl goals in 3 years i think. Zero signs that is going to change anytime soon. Still missing them left right and centre. Goal scorer has to be a top priority. Still very few goals in this team going into the final season at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back