2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched it again, I'm not sure there's even words to describe it. I know people think he's a nice lad but he's absolutely chronic in front of goal isn't he?

I would expect any of our centre halves to test the keeper there at a bare minimum, probably all of our keepers as well. In fact I categorically cannot control a football and I would back myself to get that on target. The only explanation can be that he missed on purpose, but what would the reason for that be.

I would expect any of our centre halves to test the keeper there at a bare minimum, probably all of our keepers as well. In fact I categorically cannot control a football and I would back myself to get that on target. The only explanation can be that he missed on purpose, but what would the reason for that be.
There is no way Dcl would try to miss on purpose,that was a Dcl genuine effort.

I've just watched it again, I'm not sure there's even words to describe it. I know people think he's a nice lad but he's absolutely chronic in front of goal isn't he?
Horrendous. From the back it almost looks like he thought the near post was the far post. Utterly bizarre. Lost control of his feet completely. Maybe he was looking to see if he could set up a far post tap in and just lost all coordination and bearings.

A non-elite striker at least needs the instinct whereby if his brain hasn’t computed all the info and decided on a deliberate high chance of success finish, he/she immediately defaults to full power and hit the target. A lot of Dom’s misses look like he hasn’t deliberately decided on a finish, and then an instinct has kicked in, but it’s either wide/over or a pea-roller.

I’ve always really liked him, and do think he offers a lot in our “style” 🤢. But it’s rediculous now. Practicing finishing every day for probably the last 15 years. He is not going to suddenly find the knack now.

Name the other 19
Beto
Maupay...
It was an extraordinary effort
If you watched that at step 9 you would be embarrassed
It was like the effort of a guy who had just drunk 11 pints

Bread and button position for a striker. But he doesn't finish those. Shown it last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back