2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said this recently, his work off the ball is important and makes us better, but him leading the line is probably 50% of his job and he does it well, the other 50% is about scoring goals. He doesn’t offer that. The only time I remember him making smart moves in the box when waiting for a cross was the spell under Carlo. Now his run always seems to be far post behind the defender, no chance of a goal

When does his position become untenable?

Missing chance after chance whilst running down your contract is asking for a spicy reception.

Will be a long season for him, assuming he doesn't spend most of it in the Physio's room.

When does his position become untenable?

Missing chance after chance whilst running down your contract is asking for a spicy reception.

Will be a long season for him, assuming he doesn't spend most of it in the Physio's room.

Yes, if the contract situation isn't resolved before the first home game of the season, he'll get a very frosty response. No good for us or the squad and no good for him.

Sean Dyche thread when we lose a friendly: doesn't matter it's a friendly

DCL thread when we lose a friendly: get rid he's a disgrace.

All in context isn't it and related to his contract.

For us...he's probably worth the £100+k a week as we'd have to pay a good chunk of money for a replacement, regardless of his flaws.

For other clubs...that wage is putting them off as they know he's not that elite to justify it.

Especially when Ivan Toney is sniffing for a move for the past 2 years.

All in context isn't it and related to his contract.

For us...he's probably worth the £100+k a week as we'd have to pay a good chunk of money for a replacement, regardless of his flaws.

For other clubs...that wage is putting them off as they know he's not that elite to justify it.

Especially when Ivan Toney is sniffing for a move for the past 2 years.
I'd have both of them stay (DCL and Dyche). I think people are out for him because they've been fed lies through social media about his contract demands.

I would expect any of our centre halves to test the keeper there at a bare minimum, probably all of our keepers as well. In fact I categorically cannot control a football and I would back myself to get that on target. The only explanation can be that he missed on purpose, but what would the reason for that be.
He's never been more than average, good in the air,that's about it......sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back