2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
and we have who in to replace him…
Beto, Maupay and Chermiti are all here and play CF and could do a job. If he dosen`t want to sign and we can off load him we don`t need a fourth player in for a position where we tend to play only one of them. Ideally we could get rid of DCL and Maupay then we could bring in someone to replace him. I don`t think its too hard to find someone who could get 8 to 10 goals a season given a good number of starts.

Beto, Maupay and Chermiti are all here and play CF and could do a job. If he dosen`t want to sign and we can off load him we don`t need a fourth player in for a position where we tend to play only one of them. Ideally we could get rid of DCL and Maupay then we could bring in someone to replace him. I don`t think its too hard to find someone who could get 8 to 10 goals a season given a good number of starts.
Maupay won't be here

It's not just his finishing/goals though is it - it's because he's athletic, strong and can stretch teams as well as be a bit of a target man.

Anyway, if he doesn't want to sign, I don't feel like defending him too much - we can certainly move on.

He stays and we have a good but not prolific PL centre-forward who is going to need a lot of service.

Out of those strikers there is probably only Chermitti who can play as a target man.
I agree he should be sold if he won’t sign a new deal, but as a club we need to make sure it gets resolved as soon as possible and we get a replacement in.

We can,t resolve it though if he just wants to run out his contract.

It’s a risk for him though, given his injuries, if he runs his contract down, he could get £150k a week somewhere and a nice long contract, but if he breaks something and is injured next summer he could be out of contract and without a club.

I think there is still a chance he will go to Newcastle or West Ham this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back