2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in context isn't it and related to his contract.

For us...he's probably worth the £100+k a week as we'd have to pay a good chunk of money for a replacement, regardless of his flaws.

For other clubs...that wage is putting them off as they know he's not that elite to justify it.

Especially when Ivan Toney is sniffing for a move for the past 2 years.

And possibly looking at that and thinking you might need a bit of a reality check after yest. I feel a bit for him with the stick over that miss yest. But it isnt an isolated thing. He's not a good finisher. I dont think a few in this thread do him any favours constantly bigging him up to something he quite clearly isnt.
He should get the best deal for himself. But from the outside it looks like he's after the sort of money players who are playing in the CL would be after. And that miss yest looked more national league.

And possibly looking at that and thinking you might need a bit of a reality check after yest. I feel a bit for him with the stick over that miss yest. But it isnt an isolated thing. He's not a good finisher. I dont think a few in this thread do him any favours constantly bigging him up to something he quite clearly isnt.
He should get the best deal for himself. But from the outside it looks like he's after the sort of money players who are playing in the CL would be after. And that miss yest looked more national league.
Think you should apologise to National League strikers!!

I mentioned this a while ago,don't get me wrong I'm no Wood fanboy(Christ that sounds wrong🤣)but I think he would be a better option for us currently, certainly not prolific but if played regularly I could see him.bagging over ten goals for us.
Chris Wood is one of the most effective strikers in the league, luckily not vs us last season. This is really important in general but even more in Dyche squad, where a striker doesn't get 5 big chances a game usually.

And Nuno is also a defensive minded manager, not as defensive as Dyche tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back