2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who actually wants dcl?

Maybe he eats humble pie and signs a contract, if that is the case we should withdraw are bumper offer and offer him lower terms

Could well just leave on a free next season but i wouldnt actually be that botherd anyway so id just put the ball in his court
I want him to stay but I wouldn't be waiting around for him to decide either.
Give him a deadline and withdraw the contract offer thereafter like you say.
Somebody mentioned it's a nice little safety net for him at the moment and I do think the club deserves better

having to put up with this because we haven’t got a half decent back up , ridiculous
Not sure we can say that just yet. Beto only had a short run as a starter last year because DCL went into the starting line up and stayed there even though he was on a 2 game goal drought. Had Beto been given that sort of run in the team as a starter he could have settled in and begun to hit form. Same for Chermiti, although the fact that he was so young seemed to make his signing one for the future. DCL has been 8 years here, we`ve seen the best he can be, the other two have to be given a serious run of starts before we can honestly say they cant hit the heights of 10 - 12 a season, which I think is the best DCL will get us.

Not sure we can say that just yet. Beto only had a short run as a starter last year because DCL went into the starting line up and stayed there even though he was on a 2 game goal drought. Had Beto been given that sort of run in the team as a starter he could have settled in and begun to hit form. Same for Chermiti, although the fact that he was so young seemed to make his signing one for the future. DCL has been 8 years here, we`ve seen the best he can be, the other two have to be given a serious run of starts before we can honestly say they cant hit the heights of 10 - 12 a season, which I think is the best DCL will get us.
I hope he gives Beto a good run in the team , just wished I was a bit more confident that he’ll be any use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back