2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure we will get as much for him as some people are thinking. Who would fork out 20m and pay north off 100k a week for a CF that cant guarantee you 15 goals or more a season. I think if he goes it would be to a team that are really stuck for an experienced forward and are willing to take a chance that a change of club will see him hit form. Brentford could be such a club, with Toney running his contract down and they`re looking to cash in this summer and the guy they had signed got injured in pre season and will be out till the new year. They might even take Maupay back for another 12 months.

Im pretty sure he'd think Brentford are below him.

Not sure we will get as much for him as some people are thinking. Who would fork out 20m and pay north off 100k a week for a CF that cant guarantee you 15 goals or more a season. I think if he goes it would be to a team that are really stuck for an experienced forward and are willing to take a chance that a change of club will see him hit form. Brentford could be such a club, with Toney running his contract down and they`re looking to cash in this summer and the guy they had signed got injured in pre season and will be out till the new year. They might even take Maupay back for another 12 months.

He’s got Fulham on a free next year written all over him.

This isn’t so much a knock at Dom so much as the current build of our team. If we decided to put Beto up front, we would probably have similar production. We have absolutely no idea how Chermo would fare in the league at this moment, but he probably needs a bit more time to cook.

Beto’s issue certainly isn’t physicality or pace. Get him ahead of his man in a 1v1 and it’s hard to stop him. He is a menace, but it’s obvious he is still fresh off his shift at KFC.

Dom has not consistently proven he can work with the ball at his feet either. We have seen flashes, but for whatever reason he is wildly unpredictable. You don’t know who the hell is going to show up.

I’m almost at the point where I say look to the future. Dom doesn’t want to sign, earn a contract or accept a transfer. Fine. It’s his right. We can’t have a halfhearted player stealing the minutes. It’s the same mutinous crap we saw from Schneiderlin and Mirallas. We have been trying to steer away from this garbage with Dyche.

Problem is- I think Dyche has a tiff with Beto. They do not seem to get along from what I’ve heard. Odds are, Chermo isn’t ready either. So where do we go from there? Personally, I just want to move on. Its the best for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back