2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley deliberately tanked a medical so that Chelsea could get him cheaper 6 months later, it’s not even remotely the same

I don't think it's fair to say that he "deliberately tanked" his medical

He was legitimately injured at the time and they decided to wait until they could get a discount

Even Stevie Wonder could have seen that scar on his leg

oss-Barkley-shows-of-his-scar-as-he-work-to-return-from-injury.jpg

Last edited:
Difficult one this

If he's not signing the extension then we need to make a decision on what we're doing

Either find him a new club and get the business done quick enough for us to sort out a replacement, or just accept that he's leaving on a free in the summer and let him have one more season

Footballers are mercenaries. they only care about money so good for them if that's what they chase. But, i am an Everton supporter and kinda stuck with this club. as soon as a player wants out then i have zero f*cks to give about him.

Get shut of him and focus on those who are staying. it's not like he scores many goals.

Difficult one this

If he's not signing the extension then we need to make a decision on what we're doing

Either find him a new club and get the business done quick enough for us to sort out a replacement, or just accept that he's leaving on a free in the summer and let him have one more season
I'm starting to think it'll end up being a similar deal to when Barry came here: a loan with an obligation to pay another fee if they decide to keep him.

Obviously, there's a risk they won't want to keep him beyond the loan.

Footballers are mercenaries. they only care about money so good for them if that's what they chase. But, i am an Everton supporter and kinda stuck with this club. as soon as a player wants out then i have zero f*cks to give about him.

Get shut of him and focus on those who are staying. it's not like he scores many goals.
So are clubs, get hundreds of youngsters to believe they can make it, at the expense of their education. Drop them at a moments notice. It’s cut throat, so I can’t blame players for not be loyal. As they see there mates in the youth teams get screwed over.

But I am with you make money off him, if he isn’t signing.

I think it's fair to say that showing loyalty and gratitude to a club for sticking by a player is a thing of the past.
The same has happened in the real world. People move jobs without a bother

Hope he has a deadline on signing that contract. Big test for Kev this, he's handled the transfer window well so far but this is a different kind of problem

Not sure we will get as much for him as some people are thinking. Who would fork out 20m and pay north off 100k a week for a CF that cant guarantee you 15 goals or more a season. I think if he goes it would be to a team that are really stuck for an experienced forward and are willing to take a chance that a change of club will see him hit form. Brentford could be such a club, with Toney running his contract down and they`re looking to cash in this summer and the guy they had signed got injured in pre season and will be out till the new year. They might even take Maupay back for another 12 months.

I don't think it's fair to say that he "deliberately tanked" his medical

He was legitimately injured at the time and they decided to wait until they could get a discount

Even Stevie Wonder could have seen that scar on his leg

oss-Barkley-shows-of-his-scar-as-he-work-to-return-from-injury.jpg
Thought it was nothing to do with his medical as all parties had agreed the sale?
I was under the impression Barkley and his agent just pulled the plug so the fee went down but his contract and commission went up.
Sure I read somewhere the agent got £7m when he moved later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back