2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes the best we'll see is someone like Broja or Weghorst on loan. The club haven't committed the best part of 40 million on Beto and Chermitti to not at least give them a proper go before commit more money on a striker.

We have 10 contracts expiring in July 2025, 12 if you include the 2 Loans, yet this appears to be the only thread in which people are very angry at the player for entering his last year, which is odd, considering most of you cant stand him.

Crazy really.

Get your point here mate but I think some think he's holding the club to ransom / putting them in a bad position. I personally am not that bothered as I think both the club and him could do with a change.

The talk is that an offer has been on the table for over 6 months, for me, he should have just signed to protect what the club can ask for him, give us another year and then got his move.

Now it's just a bad look all around, from the outside he wants out, and other clubs are thinking with his injury record that it's not worth moving for him now given he'll be a free agent next summer. It also just creates bad relations with the fans, as basically if he doesn't sign a contract we know this is his last year here, so can you imagine what people will be like if he looks like he isn't putting a shift in?

I get your point about other players in their last year, but DCL is one of our most important players and a big asset. Someone like Andre Gomes last for example, no one cared because he was never getting us a few anyway.

Get your point here mate but I think some think he's holding the club to ransom / putting them in a bad position. I personally am not that bothered as I think both the club and him could do with a change.

The talk is that an offer has been on the table for over 6 months, for me, he should have just signed to protect what the club can ask for him, give us another year and then got his move.

Now it's just a bad look all around, from the outside he wants out, and other clubs are thinking with his injury record that it's not worth moving for him now given he'll be a free agent next summer. It also just creates bad relations with the fans, as basically if he doesn't sign a contract we know this is his last year here, so can you imagine what people will be like if he looks like he isn't putting a shift in?

I get your point about other players in their last year, but DCL is one of our most important players and a big asset. Someone like Andre Gomes last for example, no one cared because he was never getting us a few anyway.
From what ive read he wants out the club due to the uncertainty around the ownership issue.

He indicated to the club 6 months ago that he wanted to move this Summer and since then the club has put a massive fee on his head and scared away all suitors.

I really hope he moves in the next month, 3 games into preseason and the comments regarding him not being arsed have already started.

So heres to hoping this thread is moved to world football pretty soon and then everybody can jump on the next scapegoat, Doucs I reckon it will be.

I think if he doesn’t get his move, he will sign another contract as it will be the best on offer to him. Very risky for him to be out of contract and carrying a long term injury.

I think if he doesn’t get his move, he will sign another contract as it will be the best on offer to him. Very risky for him to be out of contract and carrying a long term injury.

Club is making a mistake if they give him a three year deal. His record/goal return doesn’t justify it.

To get out of this mess we need to find players better than what we already have, particularly up front where our record is pretty terrible in recent years.

He can be good player at times, Brighton away 5-1 and Liverpool at home he was great but it’s not enough , we need consistency and players who are more ruthless when chances are created.

Too much sentiment around the club and it’s played a part in holding it back.

From what ive read he wants out the club due to the uncertainty around the ownership issue.

He indicated to the club 6 months ago that he wanted to move this Summer and since then the club has put a massive fee on his head and scared away all suitors.

I really hope he moves in the next month, 3 games into preseason and the comments regarding him not being arsed have already started.

So heres to hoping this thread is moved to world football pretty soon and then everybody can jump on the next scapegoat, Doucs I reckon it will be.
I get that bit of Ownership uncertainty a little but he cant lose , new contract say over 100k a week moving into a new Stadium to be part of a new Everton era/history and if all goes belly up we would probably have to off load him at a bigger reduced cost to get him off the wage bill win win for him

God I hate this term so, so much. NOBODY on this forum knows what it means.

If he goes the best we'll see is someone like Broja or Weghorst on loan. The club haven't committed the best part of 40 million on Beto and Chermitti to not at least give them a proper go before commit more money on a striker.
I would sell lewin for anything and replace him with anyone, same goes for beto.

I am as big a supporter of DCL as anyone and would still like to see him change his mind and sign a new contract although I think that is most unlikely now.

However, regarding the fee, if we ignore that the player is in the last year of him contract the a fee in the mid thirties for a 27 year old England international who played nearly every game last season is not an exorbitant fee. I think a fee of 30m would probably sign the player anyway.

If he leaves he will probably sign a new four year contract and the fact that he has only twelve months left at Everton is irrelevant.
If a club wants to sign a striker at an affordable price then this is their chance.
If we had the option of signing a similar player from a different club then we should be all over that.

I think DCL may well be surprised be how little interest there is.
I also think his wage demands may be a factor in this.

Im glad you agree that we should sell all 3.

I think Maupay and Beto were behind Chermiti by season end. Chermiti for me is 2nd choice.

I said sell all for £50mil and that brings in probably £200k+ in wages. But i didnt suggest we'd spend the lot on one player (though im sure i wasnt clear).

Jonathan David & Maximillian Beier are both available for £25mil this summer.

Many others would be £30mil or even £40mil and i doubt we would consider paying £200k wages, max half that.

All im saying is that we have a 2nd choice who can rotate in. What we need is a top centre forward who delivers.

If we were to sign Gnonto i believe we still have enough to bring in one or two defenders if were selling to buy at breakeven overall.

Moving on the 3 forwards should enable us to sign a superior and more effective starter...with cash to spare.

Do that and were looking at a top 10 finish.
It’s all saying move on those 3 but no one wants to buy than as evidenced by the lack of bids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back